Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ DK2M Body Swap Question

Hi everyone,

Newb here but not new to Charvel and Jackson, had one or the other since 1988!

I've a DK2M Eerie Swirl (blue to green) 2009 if I remember correctly, which I'm going to swap with a 2004 DK2 trans-amber flamed maple replacement donor body. Maybe I'm considering a issue that may not exist, hopefully someone can enlighten me??

They're both HSS bodies. My blue Eerie Swirl body is intact awaiting the new body to arrive from overseas. Looking down at the two single coil pup's on the Eerie Swirl I can see a red, white and green wire in each cavity. Are these wires attached to the pup baseplate? A simple unscrew and unsolder from the pots,I'm hoping so?

Are there any issues I should be aware of dismantling the electrics? It looks straight forward, I've dabbled many times in the past and okay with a soldering iron.

Looking forward to any response.

Cheers

Its okay, I've sourced a picture that tells a thousand words... Its part of the pickup. Simple job.

Wasted thread: Mod's, feel free to delete if you wish.

Thanks

Comment

I can't believe how dead it is around here! A year ago you would have received many helpful responses, I personally don't know much about Dk2's or their pickups the neck swap is a given I would thank... Good luck with your mod's
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

No worries John, thanks for your reply. Its a like for like swap, dimensions 'n all.
        I was on here over two years ago (forgot my log in details...hence newb again) it was busy!!
        Thanks again

Comment

I have a DK2M and I'm semi-interested in getting a cheap Warrior body and swapping the DK2M's neck to it. I think a maple fingerboard would look nice on a Warrior. I also replaced the JT580 trem with an original Floyd.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I've two JT580LP's, chrome and black. I'll swap out the black for the chrome to sit with the amber donor body.
            Why did you swap yours? I've never had any issues with Jackson Floyd's, heard some do..
            Maple on a Warrior, never seen one. Sounds good!

Comment

Did you buy the DK2M new? If not, sounds like someone already did a swap, it should have 2 hums, not hss.

Comment

M for mistake on my part, maple neck I guess? Nah, second hand new condition. Same as:

Comment

M = mistake or maple... DK2 as:

Comment

M = mistake or maple... DK2 as:

Comment

I've replied six times....awaiting moderators approval. Thanks for your replies. DK2 for the record.

Comment

Did someone say Warrior body with DK2M neck?

Can't find the most recent pic of them all hanging out together
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Green Worm (Green WR-M)

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X