What locking trem is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What locking trem is this?

Hello I'm not completely new but my registration was nuked when the server crashed, I had joined late last year.

I realise I could google this but rather than an uneducated guess and get it wrong I would rather be told for certain what this Jackson licensed tremolo is, and if it would fit with no routing on my 1995 PS4 as the generic one that replaced its JT500 has also worn out:

Here's a pic of it on my (new to me) ESP Mirage:

The plan is to use this on my PS4 and buy an Original Floyd Rose and put it back on my ESP.

Thank you

That's a JT580LP.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and it should fit the routing. but you would want to check the all of the edges. Sometimes the difference between a round edge and a straight edge is the difference between working and not working.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        and it should fit the routing. but you would want to check the all of the edges. Sometimes the difference between a round edge and a straight edge is the difference between working and not working.
        Marvellous, thank you. I'm not sure it's an ESP as the headstock is not right, it's similar but it looks far more like a Jackson. It plays great and I only paid buttons for it, I just don't know what it really is! First world problems hey! Could well be a Greco Device or something, oh I don't know... thank you though about that tremolo

Comment

Will a JT580LP fit a JT500 route? Or is it a 500 that won't fit the 580?
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X