Hi New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi New to the Forum

I am new to the Jackson forum. I just picked a 2006 GMG Jackson DXMG. This is my first ever Jackson guitar. I have played guitar for over 25 years, and I have used fender,Epiphone,Ibanez,Kramer,ESP guitars. I bought this used for $140. The headstock had a crack in it by the first tuner and went all the way to the back of the guitar. It is in getting repaired as I write this by a professional luthier. As I was tearing the guitar down like I always do when I buy a used guitar to give it a full clean up. I noticed the stock Jackson tuners, are not Gotoh, they are Jin Ho branded. This guitar was MIJ so why does it have Korean tuners one it? I have seen 1980's and 1990's MIJ Jacksons with these same tuners. Does anyone know why?

Can't answer your question but welcome!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
      ...I bought this used for $140...This guitar was MIJ so why does it have Korean tuners one it? I have seen 1980's and 1990's MIJ Jacksons with these same tuners. Does anyone know why?
      You get what you pay for?

Comment

its all original. except I need new screws for the locking nut. Does anyone know what tremolo came on the DXMG JT580LP or JT585LP?

Comment

They came with both the JT580LP and JT500. I personally couldn't say without seeing a pic, but the 500 has the long screws that stick out the back of the trem.
          Last edited by Mudlark; 03-29-2015, 07:40 AM.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Pics? Judging by your description you don't have much to work with.

Comment

I can't even post pictures. Anyway else to upload?

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

To post a photo you need to upload them to an online repository, like Photobucket or the like. Once uploaded you can embed the link with the tools at the top of the messaging box. This will display the photo in your message. Same for video.

Comment

Originally posted by SylentCommando View Post
                  This guitar was MIJ so why does it have Korean tuners one it?

I used to sell a a hundred thousand dollar product that was made in America. American design. American workers. American parts made from American raw materials.
                  All American. Except for the tweeter. You just couldn't find good American made tweeters.

Why do I tell you this?
                  "Made In" was never meant to be an all inclusive top-to-bottom description. The tuners being Korean is not indicative of anything.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Oh , so just the neck and the body then are the main parts that were Made in Japan? The rest is just what ever they had on hand at the time. I have read Jin Ho tuners are good and they are on a lot of Jackson guitars, USA and Japan, India etc.

Comment

Thanks Man, for the warm welcome

Comment

All I can offer about the tuners is my Jackson branded tuners on both my Japanese and USA Jackson perform equally great.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Have you ever taken them off to see if they are the same brand? I know Jin Ho makes Jackson branded tuners, They are made in korea.

Comment

I haven't had the tuners off of my MIJ DKMGT, but I replaced my USA Soloist's tuners with a set of Jacksons that I ordered through my local retailer. The tuners I received were labelled Gotoh on the packaging and the Soloist's tuners had Japan stamped on them indicating Gotoh, I assume.

I may check my MIJ tuners at next string change out of curiosity.

Comment

Working...
                              X