No announcement yet.

Hi New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a USA made guitar has a German made Floyd Rose and Japanese Gotoh tuners -- that is not a bad thing. Nor does it make it any less USA.
    So, yes, it sort of is --- Neck and Body, plus whatever other parts they put on.

Comment

Here is a picture of the trem. Not sure if its a 500LP or 580LP.

Last edited by SylentCommando; 03-24-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Does anybody know what bridge this is?

Comment

I understand your concerns about Jin Ho tuners. When I joined this forum some years ago, I also was warried that my new Jackson Stars guitar could possibly be fake, bacause even my guitar tech said that Jackson made in Japan must have had Gotoh tuners, and there was Jin Ho written under the Jackson logo on glued paper inlays. Fellow forum members studied my guitar from top to bottom and concluded that the guitar is perfectly original, and Jin Ho tuners are not only common to Jackson guitars, they are pretty good, so nothing to warry about. As for the bridge, I don't know, sorry.
          Jackson JS30RR
          Jackson Stars RR-BN03 STB
          In soviet Russia...

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I would have thought MIJ Jacskons would have had GOTOH tuners. I have even seen 1980's and 1990's Jacksons guitars American and MIJ with Jin Ho Tuners. I think they might be rebranded GOTOH tuners.

Comment

JT580, probably made by Takeuchi.

Comment

Would it say anywhere on the bridge the model? and also Takeuchi? This is a 2006 model so not sure if they still came with Takeuchi branded bridges. So this is a JT580 before the JT580 low profile bridges?

Comment

What's the 'GMG' you mentioned in your first post? Also, I'm curious as to how you know it's a 2006?

I understand there was also a JT580 rumoured to be made by Schaller that looks similar to the Takeuchi, but someone may correct me. I know little of trems, but someone will help you. I can't tell the difference between the JT500 and the JT580. The JT580LP is quite easy to identify.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Gun Metal Grey, That's the colour of the body. The neck and body are stamped 2006, That's how I know its a 2006 model. If you want to date or identify your guitar, you call tell the model and year if you remove the neck from the body. Both date codes are there.

Comment

I have a '96 DR5, bridge is a Takeuchi JT580, but the brand is only in the block.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I'm a serial number geek.
                        Would you be interested in giving me your number (or partial number) to add to my list of numbers confirmed with a date stamp?
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sure. I will. I am just waiting for the guitar to come back from repair it had a cracked headstock.

Comment

I checked out the bridge all that is stamped on the block is Licensed By Floyd Rose Patents. So I would assume its not a Takeuchi JT580. Serial Number is 9776699. I have included Pictures of the neck plate, body neck pocket and neck.

Comment

The bridge not manufactured by Takeuchi don't means the bridge isn't a JT580. Sure, it's a JT580. Strangely, I had a DXMG but she came with a JT580LP, as the most DXMG I've seen.

Comment

well, just because you look where it says "Jackson Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents" doesn't mean it is not made by Tackeuchi.
                                You have to look at the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X