The journey begins..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The journey begins..

Well boys, the mystery guitar is now mine. The deal was sealed this afternoon.

I took ownership of the 1991 Jackson <insert model number here> Canadian Limited edition.

This is what I know:

• The guitar is from 1991
    • Limited edition for Canada
    • Came in transparent blue, red and yellow
    • Retail was $1499.00
    • There are at least 178 of these (the difference between my serial number and the other one on this forum)

Assumptions:

• limited edition was 500 units to Canada
    • Charvel body with Jackson neck and hardware

The next step:

• Hunt down advertising - catalogs - invoicing
    • Contact Canadian distributer for Jackson and Charvel guitars and see if I can nail down a model number.
    • Play it every day and love it forever.

Pictures:

Last edited by calrc; 03-26-2015, 11:47 PM.

Wow that looks amazing. Not sure what model but congratulations. How does she play?

Comment

Very nice indeed. I'm sure you'll give it all the love it needs.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Nice!
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by drewbag View Post
          Wow that looks amazing. Not sure what model but congratulations. How does she play?
          Plays like a dream. I love it.

Comment

That's beautiful! Ash body?

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
              That's beautiful! Ash body?
              Ash body seems to be the consesus. I am researching as much as I can and will update here as new information comes in. I love the history, and story of this guitar just as much as how it plays. I have to send out props to the previous owner. He really took care of it, and it is in amazing shape for a 24 year old guitar.

Comment

Email back from Jackson (fender)

Tom
                Grossman
                (Fender)

Mar 27, 11:11

Hello,

Unfortunately,
                this model was made before Fender took over the Jackson line.

I'm
                not showing anything with those specs going back that far.... Sorry that's a
                tough one!

Soloist....
                If a limited run, it obviously would not be in the catalog for that year....

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/catalogs/us/JacksonCharvel1990-91_catalog.pdf

good
                luck...

Thomas
                Grossman
                Fender Musical Instruments
                Consumer Relations Rep
                17600 N.
                Perimeter Dr., Ste 100
                Scottsdale,AZ 85255
                Ph:
                480-845-5131
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it look like to you he is indicating that my guitar is a "Soloist Limited Edition"?

Comment

He doesn't know Jackson's very well. All Soloists are neck thru, all Dinky's are bolt on.
                  Sweet guitar. Nice to see it made it's way to a fellow Canuck. Hopefully, someone will come along with some info.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I would pull the neck off and see if the model is on the neck and neck pocket on the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      He doesn't know Jackson's very well. All Soloists are neck thru, all Dinky's are bolt on.
                      Sweet guitar. Nice to see it made it's way to a fellow Canuck. Hopefully, someone will come along with some info.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.. Soloist is never a bolt on. I am heading to the Library to scower news papers for adds when I get back from holidays next week. I live in a city in Manitoba with about 13k people. Appearantly there are 2 more of these kicking around town.. Might hunt one down to take apart. Not gonna touch this one. Its way too nice to mess with.

Comment

Taking the neck off is no big deal, 4 screws and it comes off. It not going to affect value and wreck it.

Comment

Removed the neck this morning. Here are the pictures.

looks like B&J P-4

What do you guys think?

Comment

The stamp looks more like 10-4 after looking at it closely.

Comment

Found a Charvel add with a very similar body style. The switch and knob positions are the same. The pickup configuration is different though.

Comment

Working...
                              X