Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the body:

Here is the neck:

Cos' this, people reckon, and me included, is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented... To calm us all down, stop us going mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      It's well known the 2006 models had the overhaul. Some late '05 models wouldn't be surprising.

Actually, yours was the 98xxxxx number indicating 2010-11 with a 2005 stamp, correct? I've came across a number of those lately. It's like they came across a bunch of old bodies and decided to use them up around 2010-11. Perhaps they knew the end of the Japanese models was coming and therefore was using up all the old stock?

I don't remember the serial, I think it was a 98. I know the serial and body stamps didn't seem to match up in the time line.

Don't ya think it may be hard to find a body and neck that were date matched but were both lost in some corner somewhere and assembled five years later?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        Don't ya think it may be hard to find a body and neck that were date matched but were both lost in some corner somewhere and assembled five years later?
        It depends on the factory and it's layout. I currently work in a lumber production facility that has baled lumber in the far reaching corners of the yard that have been there for 5-10 years.
        On the other hand, in a smaller, more efficiently operated facility, it may be highly unlikely for something to get pushed aside or buried for long periods of time.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

LordRevan, can you make out the full date on the neck and body?
          Looks like, body-2007/6/08
          neck-07/5/21
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Hey Mud that seems about right.

Neck is May 21st 2007 while body seems to be either June 8th or June 6th 2007.

I thought that Jacksons with a reverse headstock were called DR for some reasons. I had no idea that there were Revers and standard DKMGs.
            Cos' this, people reckon, and me included, is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented... To calm us all down, stop us going mental.

Comment

There were no standard headstock DKMG's...only reverse.
              DR=Dinky Reverse was more of a 90's term.

Comment

I also thought there was a DR model. I know that's a DKMG but I used to have a body that I cold have sworn had DR3 in neck pocket but heck its been so long.

Comment

It was like this but purple.

Comment

Never said there were no DR models, but now I'm confused.

Yes, that's a DR3...a 90's model.
                    I guess I meant calling a reverse hs Dinky a DR was used in the 90's more commonly than later. A post 90's reverse hs Dinky isn't called a DR much/ever.
                    Last edited by Mudlark; 04-09-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

And just to confuse the issue even more...
                      There were DR models as well as models that were actually called Dinky Reverse.

The DKMG was an MG, not a DR.

Comment

Originally posted by LordRevan View Post
                        Ok, stickers removed.
                        thank you! haha

nice ax, i got what i'm told is an earlier DKMGT, which has 3 knobs, passive EMGs, and a boost circuit.
                        Generic Hustle on Abstract Logix

Horns Up fo' DED MULLET!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks View Post
                          passive EMGs
                          The guitar has an EMG 81/85 combo and they are original active EMG USA.

Comment

Brooks means he has the earlier DKMGT model that came with passive EMGhz's.
                            Originally posted by LordRevan View Post
                            The guitar has an EMG 81/85 combo and they are original active EMG USA.

Comment

yep. wish mine came w/ 81/85.

i like the flame on the OP's ax, should be sweet
                              Generic Hustle on Abstract Logix

Horns Up fo' DED MULLET!!

Comment

Working...
                              X