Rr24 id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr24 id

I just got this beauty but sadly because of work I've only had an hour to spend with her. I haven't found the serial number and I have questions about the paint job as it appears to be the original paint but it clearly isn't a standard RR24 paint job. Anybody have any guesses as to it's history?

The gold appears factory, but I'm guessing a previous owner had the graphic added.
    The serial should be stamped on the fret board at the 24th fret.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      The gold appears factory, but I'm guessing a previous owner had the graphic added.
      The serial should be stamped on the fret board at the 24th fret.
      Were there factory rr24's with gold necks and head stocks and black bodies? I'll look again but I did not see a serial number on the 24th fret.

Comment

Yea that's clearly not a standard RR24 you shouldn't have bought it. Ill take it off your hands!

Seriously though that looks like someone painted on top of the factory gold and yes the neck and headstock were gold as well as the body BUT they had black bevels

Last edited by z1n; 04-24-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I think this solves the mystery.

Comment

For some reason, I seem to recall someone posting that on here from ebay in the last year or so. Looks familiar.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Let me guess...they're asking $800+?
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Comment

Missed it by a buck.

Comment

It looks perfect. There is some slop in some of the tuners and the intonation is off but that can be fixed. I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X