No announcement yet.

Nassgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, for the moment it's temporary out of action (in a good way)

Disassembled it to prepare putting in the SuperD, for which I again had to remove the neck, decided to cut a piece out of the scratchplate so the in the future I wouldn't need to unscrew everything again
    The SuperD mounting screws are thinner than the OEM ASS screws, I might be looking at a few small rings to prevent them being pulled though the scratchplate over time, apparently them being longer than OEM isn't much of an issue
    Also removed a little wood between the bridgep'up route and the controlcavitiy to allow some more room for the leads

What I am unsure about is how to orientate the SuperD, does it matter if the "F" points towards the headstock or to the bridge? (apart from the leads becoming a PITA to adjust the p'up)

Digging up the Super D, I found a few old studs, since the OEM studs on the guitar are already showing copper from height adjustment (I hope this was to help the anodizing of the studs and not actually the material the studs are made from)
    The thread was the same, but it turns out the studs on the ASS are about 1/2 an inch shorter than those I found in my partsdrawer, looking at Schaller drawings, the ones I found are probably Takeuchi's

So ATM, the axe isn't doing much until I break out the soldering iron
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'd check dimarzio.com for a manual to figure out orientation.

Comment

Well, she's back in one piece

The OEM P'up is most certainly NOT a Super Distortion, not in physical dimensions, not in character (My best guess is a Made-In-Sweatshop JB, but for some reason can't get a reading trying to get the resistance)
        Luckily I decided to swap the red wire as hot for the green or I would've had to pull the plate again

...hmm,.. maybe time to start looking around for an old GK 250ML
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
        X