Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone tell me where the serial number is on an rrxmg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone tell me where the serial number is on an rrxmg?

this one in particular?
    1959 Gibson ES175D natural/bigsby
    2012 Jackson Soloist SLX white Floyd Rose Special
    2012 Jackson RRXMG Matte Black Floyd Rose Special
    2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Those had numbers on a sticker on the rear of the headstock. Someone removed it and the Made In Indonesia sticker. There's no number stamped on the board at the 24th fret, correct?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

correct. does it hurt the resale do you think for it to not be there?
      2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

prolly a stupid question on the resale. gettn all excited and counting chickens before I know if I love chickens too much to sell the chickens (I was actually looking for an excuse to keep it

I shoulda put this in my original post too. maybe if a forum boss sees this they could move it for me?
        2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Shouldn't hurt resale. But, as soon as I saw those stickers appearing a couple years ago I knew they'd be removed, thus making dating those guitars a nightmare down the road.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

ya lol, make a lotta sense putting a s.n. on a sticker.

then again its not like its an American rr1 so I wont sweat it.

LOLZ!!! I just realized that the serial number on the 1959 Gibson my father left me is,,,,,, wait for it,,,,,,,,
            (and its prolly now a $10,000 guitar) EDIT: wow the market has crashed on these. maybe not worth 10k anymore. maybe more like 6-7. priceless to me though

Last edited by flyinbryan; 06-10-2015, 11:50 PM.
            2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Yeah but at least it's on the inside where some douchenozzle can't peel it off. Then again, why would they peel it off of a '59? To pass it off as a '70s Epiphone? I don't know why people peel the stickers off import Jacksons, for that matter. I mean, I've seen people put Made in USA decals on import heads, but really, if you get caught passing off an import for a USA, you just have no idea whether you're going to get sued or if the receiver is a complete psycho that'll snatch your kids and dump them in the river. It's just too risky.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Then again, why would they peel it off of a '59? To pass it off as a '70s Epiphone?

I mean, I've seen people put Made in USA decals on import heads
                ive not seen that before, but im just now getting into Jackson guitars..... but it made me think about those Chinese Gibson fakes. I believe they are commonly referred to as "chibsons" ,,,,,,,, I suppose to each his own, but to me its just comical that folks want them (because the ones ive seen have been absolute crap quality). I have, on just a couple of occasions, commented that I disagree with their existence,,, that at best it ranks right up there with stealing a trophy from a sport of which one does not partake,,,,,, and at worst its deception for monetary gain.

but anyhowz,,, back to the Jackson...... if it was at some point peeled off to pass it off as something better than what it was, it certainly didn't work,,,, as I gave $251.01 for the guitar. I bought it with the complete intention of selling for $400-$500 and turning a tidy little profit, but im starting to think im going to keep it if I can get a couple of little bugs worked out of the guitar, which is proving to be a challenge.
                2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Clearly the stickers weren't taken off to pass it off as something else. My X Warrior also came with stickers and I also removed them as soon as I got the guitar. I had never an intention to sell it, which is why I didn't see a reason to keep the stickers on. I put them on the "manual" for reference.

What do you mean by bugs?

Comment

Clearly the stickers weren't taken off to pass it off as something else.
                    ya youre probably right. it also briefly crossed my mind that it might have at some point been stolen, which I didn't think about until I learned that it was on a sticker in the first place. ... then again it could just be someone like you that didn't want stickers on the guitar, which is perfectly logical. stickers can weep out their adhesive, always eventually start to peel most likely leaving a mess, so that makes sense.

What do you mean by bugs?
                    well, just one really..... when I got it, they tuners had all been loosened as if they were trying to send the guitar with loose strings, but they didn't loosen the nut first so they actually just loosened the strings between the tuners and the nut (lol),,,, when I saw this I reapplied a little pressure to the tuners and loosened the nut so I could tune the guitar... when I got it all tuned I snugged the nut back down and played it a little.

on the first tremolo dive that I did I heard the low e pop in the nut when I let tension back on the strings. it doesn't do it everytime, but on the times it don't, it pops the first time I bend the low e after a big dive.

I think the strings were really bad on it, and a little smaller than im used to playing, so ive restrung it now with a set of ernie ball pure nickel 10s-46s. I readjusted the claw to get the trem plate level (cuz I put bigger strings) and got it close to tuned, but haven't tightened the nut down yet and tried it. the problem might be gone. I will find out this evening cuz I will sit down and mess with it during the game tonight (bball fan)

if you know any tips on popping strings tho I would love to hear them
                    2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

I could only see it hurting resale if you try to sell it at a pawn shop or something. They might think it's a fake.

My guitars still have the plastic on the backs of the tuners.. lol
                      I hold the e down when I put the nut on
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I hold the e down when I put the nut on
                        I will do that.

I never know how tight to get the allen screws, so basically what I do is stick the long end of the wrench in the screw and whatever torque I can apply using the short end of the wrench for leverage is how tight I get them. im not super strong but I work with my hands twisting wirenuts all day (not every day but you know what I mean)

is that tight enough? I don't know, I just don't want to strip anything. maybe I should use the short end, get it as tight as I can, then flip it and give it an extra 16th or something
                        2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

That seems excessive to me. Idk the proper tightness but I usually go hand tight plus a 1/4 turn or so.

Comment

oddly, I just played it for 10-15 minutes with them just hand tight and its holding tune.

I think I will just lightly snug them and then not go crazy with the Floyd.
                            2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Hand tight I think you will habe tuning issues from bends and whatnot. Hand tight would be like strings binding vs being locked but ymmv

Comment

Working...
                              X