Jackson locking nut off center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson locking nut off center

I recently bought a beautiful Jackson Dinky Reverse used. Love the guitar itself, but the locking nut is slightly off center. The screws attaching the nut to the neck are pretty stripped. My question is, what steps should I take to get the screws out and properly center the locking nut? Thanks in advanced.

The screws should be fine, just the holes would be fucked. Simply fill the holes with glued in tooth picks/matches or drill the holes bigger if you need to to fit more timber in there. Even some wood putty will do the job. Make sure the holes are well filled then when it sets, carefully sand any bumps flat/level then just place the nut centred, mark & re-drill.

Due to the nature of this job, there's no room for error, so your marking & drilling need to be spot on. On the upside, if you mess up, just repeat the process

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
      The screws should be fine, just the holes would be fucked. Simply fill the holes with glued in tooth picks/matches or drill the holes bigger if you need to to fit more timber in there. Even some wood putty will do the job. Make sure the holes are well filled then when it sets, carefully sand any bumps flat/level then just place the nut centred, mark & re-drill.

Due to the nature of this job, there's no room for error, so your marking & drilling need to be spot on. On the upside, if you mess up, just repeat the process
      Wood putty and toothpicks... I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip. As for the screws, I think the original owner tried to repair the guitar and stripped the screws because theyre in bad shape. I know I'll have to replace them.

Comment

Working...
      X