Dominion on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominion on the way

Got a MIJ pro in Bourbon Burst. Just ordered a used DX2 off Ebay. Got sick of waiting for the Pro model, which is now Made in Indonesia, not Mexico. Thought I would mention that. I still have the Pro on order. I expect to see it probably next April. Sucks that Jackson *cough cough* Fender can't get their head out of their ass. I wonder if Mark knows about this? I'm gonna have to give him a call. He offered me a good deal on one of his pro black dominions, but it's kinda beat up. I like new stuff.

Anyhow, anybody have one of these? I don't know much about Nato, except that it's a cheaper species of Mahogany. Hope it sounds good and the quality is there. I ordered some Import locking tuners and some dominion inlays, which I will put on after I blacken the fretboard. I don't know if I'm going to do coil tap on this. I'm sort of sick of wrenching. I got some black metal pickup rings too. Hate plastic. At least it's got the MM pickups in it already.

Last edited by billbixby; 07-15-2015, 05:05 PM.

I'm just reading through my post and I wrote sick of wrenching 2x, yet I've got all these parts coming for the thing. I guess I will be wrenching huh?

Comment

The inlays are stickers huh? Doesn't that just cheapen the experience even more? Imho naturally.

Comment

Well if they look good who cares? I think the dots look cheap. If I could remove them and fill the holes without being able to tell, I would.

Comment

Yeah a Jackson with dot inlays is an awful thing.

Comment

We'll see how the inlay stickers look. Some folks seem to like them a lot. If need be I'll do something else. The dot pearl inlays are fugly in that guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by billbixby View Post
              Got a MIJ pro in Bourbon Burst.
              We went over that in your last post. Yours is Old School Burst. Jackson used to have the names wrong between Old School and Bourbon Burst.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the DX2 when you get it.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry man, that green stuff is affecting my memory.
                I see now, this is Bourbon burst I guess.

Going nuts trying to figure out if I should have got black hardware. Already ordered chrome tuners though.

Comment

Yep, that Bourbon Burst is mine. I took the Gibson TP6 tailpiece off for now, but I'll probably put it back on next string change.

Black hardware would also be cool, but nothing wrong with the chrome on these.

I found this 7-string online somewhere awhile ago, love it!
                  MM7.jpgMM7b.jpg

Comment

Heh, small world eh? The one dominion pic I find is yours. heh.

Cool, 7 strang. I'm surprised these guitars aren't more popular. Of course everything I like becomes a damn rarity. I got a bunch of guitars and all I play is the Dominion. Just love the feel of the thing. Sounds killer too. Didn't think I'd like the Dunc 59's but I throw a boost in front of the MKV and the thing comes alive.

Comment

I've been meaning to buy one of those fine tuner stop tailpieces. But I just spent 1/2 my Dominion pro money on this DX2 so I gotta recoup that so I'm ready if and when the pro model is ever available.

Comment

I'm surprised they're not more popular, either. I guess some people don't like the thicker neck. The '59s do indeed sound great, and it balances well standing and sitting. I've always thought it was weird resting a guitar on my right thigh, so I always sit classical style with it on my left thigh and between my legs, but this guitar is fine for me either way. I've got a set of Gilmour Boomers 10.5 - 50 on it right now and tuned to D.

Comment

I find it strange too. Being LoG is such a famous band and all. I get the impression that the Will Adler model receives more attention. Hmm...

Comment

I don't really like the WA models. I don't like the headstock at all on those.
                            I wasn't keen on the Dominion headstock shape, but it seems to suit the guitar and now I've got use to it.

Comment

Jacksons aren't particularly popular to begin with. I like them, but I'm not a fan of SGs, LPs, Strats nor the Dominion shape. The headstock while somewhat attractive for a 3+3 looks out of place on a Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X