Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl2q mah received this week in great condition

I received my sl2 mah in burnt cherry in perfect condition
    I had sent back an sl2q in trans black that had a bad neck.
    I was disappointed that the trans black is no longer available. This one came with JB and 59 pickups and the new one had distortion mayhems, and i believe it is mahogany and not alder as all of the ads say. Its a really pretty guitar. So far its awesome. Stays in tune, its my first Floyd Rose, also own a 2012 Epi Les Paul and a 1989 HSS Squier Strat.

Awesome! pics or it never happened
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

What's your opinion on the SD mayhem pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar_crazy_dude View Post
        What's your opinion on the SD mayhem pickups?
        The 'Mayhem' is a set of Duncan Distortions - http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...stortion_mayh/ 16.6k in the bridge and 12.7k in the neck. Often found the on-site Jackson descriptions were misleading / confusing at times.

This would be my reference point for comparing SD pickups - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzie8mham8 - There's also a great re-take of this which could help with the comparision - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qxrSBBlzoU

Would appreciate pics from the OP though - it's a guitar I'm awfully tempted by.
        Last edited by BigDavey; 07-19-2015, 07:58 AM. Reason: Additional video link...

Comment

No pics? No guitar.

Comment

They are definitely hotter than the 59 & JB, the harder you hit the strings, the more they kind or light up. I think its just a matter of turning the guitar volume up or down and the amp gain up or down to get a tone that you want. The more I play this guitar the more I like it.

Comment

I cant find how to post pics I'll keep trying

Comment

You need to first load your pics on a photo sharing site like photobucket, tinypic, etc. and then copy the link here.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

thanks Mudlark, I'll give it a shot !

Comment

OK folks ! Everyone wants a picture of it, I wish I could just post a pic. Here she is :

Comment

Great looking guitar! Congrats. Out of curiosity, what's the second letter of the serial number? I'm just interesting in knowing at what plant it was made.

Comment

It's a beauty. Those piranha inlays are perfect for an ebony board. I looove ebony.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It's an S

Comment

And thanks everyone for the compliments !

Comment

Working...
                            X