Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to Identify my New Jackson Guitar

Hi everyone,

I need your help. I hope someone knows about it and can help me.

I bought this guitar a week ago. The seller told me this guitar manufactured in 2006-2007 in Japan and the model of the guitar is soloist SL4.

Serial number is 1202207

I sent an e-mail to costumer service and asked with the serial number and a guy from fender answered and said that they don't have enough information about this serial number, he guesses it made in 2002, the year Fender bought Jackson Guitars Company and there is no additional information. Is anyone know about this guitar or any idea about it? Where, when it produced?

Pickups are Duncan Designed.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by nocticket; 08-12-2015, 03:29 PM.

Welcome to the forum. It's not an SL4, as they only had 22 frets and no binding, and they had the JT580LP trem and not an Original Floyd like yours.

I don't know what model it is offhand, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks like an nice SLX to me. Made in 2012, most likely in Indonesia by Wildwood (or India by Harmony?). The complete serial number would start with IWJ if it's Indonesian, NHJ if it's Indian. Congrats, it looks great.
      Last edited by wrldeatr7; 08-07-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

SLX for sure

Comment

2012 SLX made in India. An Original Floyd would've been added by a previous owner.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Is it an OFR or a FR Special? They came with a FR Special.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Good question, Warlock. I can't tell from the pic.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

There are some sights that delve very deeply into the imports by the serial #s, but I had to dig pretty far to find them. Whoever you talked to wasn't kidding...after about 1995 the serials became a very inexact science.
                Honestly, no matter what, you have a nice piece. Enjoy it! I would suggest a pickup upgrade, but even without, it is a great workhorse.
                Last edited by Hotrod V; 08-10-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

This forum has the best collection of serial data available on the web.
                  Very few Jackson, or should I say Fender, employees have a clue about Jackson serials.

Comment

Working...
                  X