Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know what a Warrior "ERMG" might be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talentless View Post
    Are all jt589lp tremolos created equal?
    Are there some years/production runs that are better/not as good than others?
    im scrounging ebay and they seem to be in the $30 range. But then i see a couple for quite a bit more

If you mean 580 instead of 589 ----
    no, they are not created equal.

Not only were there different companies that made them, as well as a different design (round corners vs square corners) which may or may not fit in your route, but when you are talking about pricing, the finish makes a big difference.
    The 'brushed pewter' was very expensive to make which is why they were only made for a few years. I heard that the cost of making them (therefore raising the final sales price as well) was more than double.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      If you mean 580 instead of 589 ----
      no, they are not created equal.

Not only were there different companies that made them, as well as a different design (round corners vs square corners) which may or may not fit in your route, but when you are talking about pricing, the finish makes a big difference.
      The 'brushed pewter' was very expensive to make which is why they were only made for a few years. I heard that the cost of making them (therefore raising the final sales price as well) was more than double.
      yes, i meant 580
      so there are 2 versions of the 580lp. one with the square rear corners, and one with the angled rear corners. the route looks to be somewhat angled so i'm assuming the 580lp with the angled corners.

i should have been more specific with my original question. in this particular model, are they created all equal in terms of quality of production and material.

Comment

anybody know if a Gotoh Ge1996t fr will fit in the route? i'm not concerned about the string locking screws that stick out the rear

Comment

Unless the baseplate is somehow wider than an OFR, it should fit just fine.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The questions keep rolling in...

i know that they're different base plate dimensions but i was wondering how the takeuchi-jt580lp compares in quality to the current 580lp

Comment

well, the takeuchi question seemed to be a bust. how about this one: does anybody know what type of wood this might be?
              2001 model year
              Alder? basswood?

Comment

Working...
              X