Number 2 in JS32 Spring Cavity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 2 in JS32 Spring Cavity?

Hey guys, pretty much as the title says, in the spring cavity of my JS32 DKA-M there is a large no. 2 in black font. Sorry if this question seems stupid but I've been wondering if it has any meaning since I've gotten this guitar almost a year ago, also I've searched this on the internet to no avail so I thought who better to ask than you guys
    P.S If anyone has any cool setup tips/advice for the floyd etc. please let me know, I think I have this axe setup fairly well but I always like to tweak and make improvements :P

Might be a factory second?

Comment

Could be, would that mean that it's inferior or something? I couldn't and can't find any flaws that would make this guitar a B stock sort of thing unless it has something to do with the body itself? :P

Comment

but a flaw before it was painted would be covered over.

And don't fret none. Factory 2nds could be any number of things. It doesn't always mean that someone screwed up. A power failure while the paint is being mixed could cause your cobalt blue look electric blue. Is that a bad thing?

As to setup advice --- there is only one way to set a floyd.

Comment

My guess is, it doesn't mean 2nd. I haven't seen the markings on that model before, so I don't know.
          Were there any other markings/stamps? Dates? Model name?

I do know there have been plenty of factory second Jacksons on ebay over the years, and all of them had an orange sticker with a serial indicating they were 2nds. Some were stamped 'used' or another marking I can't remember.

My point is: I'm quite sure a second would have to be marked somewhere in plain view on the guitar.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Right. The company that Jackson works with for refurbishing will stamp USED on the headstock and remove the old serial number sticker and stick their own serial number on.

I get the impression that any guitar that is returned to a seller for any reason is then sent to the refurbishing company in TN, unless the seller takes on the responsibility and sells it as a customer-return or used. Apparently some "refurbished" guitars have no repairs made to them at all, which means the refurbisher couldn't find any fault with the guitar.

So I agree that the 2 means something else. Could be any internal manufacturing code. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
            X