No announcement yet.

Dominion pro's are comin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased a Soloist SL3 from SamAsh and honestly I thought it was just my experience. The guitar had far more finish damage to it than their pictures indicated, the setup was horrid... to the point that it was detuned to hide the fact that the floyd rose stuck up like an air brake on a McLaren SLR when tuned properly. Also the guitar came with no case, no tools, and no trem bar. I got them to ship it in a Jackson hardshell but it took like 4 calls and a lot of nearly backing out of the deal to get that much. Glad to see I wasn't the only one bit by 'buyer beware' with a SamAsh deal....
    Some of my Guitars:
    1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
    2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
    3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S
    4) 2003 Jackson Soloist SL3 was trans red. WIP refinish.
    5) 2006 Jackson Dinky DXMG. Gray, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. OE EMG H/H

Comment

Well all you can do is tell everyone and their brother how much Sam Ass sucks and eventually they will be phased out. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but if I'm buying something, I want to see the exact guitar, in detail. NO FUCKING EXCUSE for not being able to do that in 2015. Screw Sam Ass. Right after this, I'm emailing this link to their customer service and their FB page. Not that they give a crap. Plenty of other suckas will order through them till eventually the word gets out that they suck.

Comment

Music is our passion, not just our business. <<< BULLSHIT

At Sam Ash Direct, we don't just serve musicians — we are musicians. The people working our call center, packing your orders, and even roaming our offices are just as music-obsessed as you are, and that's why you can count on us when it comes to knowing what today's musicians need. Our jaw-dropping inventory of the latest instruments, gear, and accessories will have you hooked, and yet that's only part of what we have to offer. We've got a state-of-the-art sales and support center packed with musicians standing by seven days a week, ready to help you find the gear you need. No matter what your question or issue, we're here to help you find anything needed to bring your music to its fullest potential.

Comment

I've never bought a guitar from Sam Ash, Musicians Friend ect, ect... I've always dealt locally, unless eBay, then like you, I get actual detailed images. When ever I have posted something to the bay I never use shitty iPhone pics, I post with my camera Canon Rebel T3i for amazing detailed pictures. I should use them for forum posting as well, I think I did with my Dean Baby blog. Nice repair work bill.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Weatherby, it was detuned to hide the fact that the floyd rose stuck up like an air brake on a McLaren SLR when tuned properly.

Drives me crazy to look around the net and you're scoping someone's guitar for sale or just showing it off and the trem is sunk into the cavity or jacked up like that, key indicator that they didn't know what they were doing & depending on how long it's been that way, the neck maybe warped from the tension. Learn how to set the darn thing up, sheesh!
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Bill, I seen an image of a "Tone Pro system II" above, how do you like that and is it a universal tail?
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yeah, back in 87 when I got my first FR guitar, I could understand it being an issue. In 2015, there's no fucking excuse to an improperly setup Floyd Rose. Like I tell my 18 year old daughter when she asks me how to change something on her iphone. I'll link her to a youtube video in 5 seconds and give her the same speach, "it's never been easier to learn how to do anything."

I love the fucks that post guitar pictures on Ebay and forget to take a picture of the headstock. Or the end of the headstock is cut out of the photo. I call them out everytime, "PICS OF THE WHOLE HEADSTOCK PLEASE" and 9 times out of 10 the response is "Oh jeez, I can't believe I did that."

There's a lot of morons out there with guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
                  Bill, I seen an image of a "Tone Pro system II" above, how do you like that and is it a universal tail?
                  Not sure what you mean by universal tail, but it is a tone pros Metric. Figured it would fit right in, but NOPE. Had to trim the inside edges of the stop tail with a dremel and also drill out the TOM as well a tad. I don't know what China brand of bridge and stop tail they are using, but it's not universally metric. I ordered metal p/u rings for my other dominion. Think the existing p/u ring screw holes would line right up? NOPE. Fill and drill. But I'm use to it. Everything I ever try to do on a guitar is a battle. Magically, the locking tuners fit right in and work awesome. $35 from the Stratosphere on Ebay.

I can't really say if I like it, I mean it just sits there and it works. Sucked filing the slots though as I am always weary of doing that type of stuff because if you cut too deep you're done. I pretty much just eyeballed the slots on the one I took out.
                  Last edited by billbixby; 09-12-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X