Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson PC Archtop Professional

Hi there!

I just bought my first Jackson and i´m trying to find more info on it except for the obvious, like, how many were made? What kinda paint is used on them etc.
    I´ve always wanted one of these guitars but the very few i´ve seen for sale has always been out of reach in more ways than one but finally it´s here!

Nice score dude, looks good! Welcome to the site. As to how many were made, you'll probably never know that information.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Let's just say, not a lot.
      The color you have is also not very common. Most were white.
      The Professional series were made in Japan and the paint is polyurethane based. Tough as nails.
      -Rick

Comment

I'm jealous... Congrats!

Comment

Ooooh, cherry sunburst! Nice. Looks a little sparkly like it's a metallic finish, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks sweet! Wish it'd had a figured top, but that's just me

And yeah, definitely a rare finish on a rare model. While they were made until 1994, I don't think they made many each year because of the amount of work it took to make them, with the carved/arched back and top.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks all and thanks for the info!

Yep it´s cherry burst metallic, it looks hideous and gorgeus at the same time, a flametop would have made better yep. If i´d have a choice i´d pick a silversparkle but there is no choosing with these so i´m superhappy i got it. I´ve no idea what this one might be worth and i really don´t care but i´d say i didn´t pay close what it´s worth to me The humbucker is said to be a bit "special" also, kind of a "prototype" for the steve blucher custom, no idea if that is correct. One "problem" though, it came with a crappy hardcase, was there a special case for this guitar or will any Jackson case do?

Comment

Pro series hardcases were shit, honestly. Basically 1/4" plywood covered in a thin layer of spray-on car trunk lining and basic body padding. Lost many guitars to shipping damage (headstocks) due to those shit-ass cases.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hmm, maybe i got the standard case then, total crap yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Pro series hardcases were shit, honestly. Basically 1/4" plywood covered in a thin layer of spray-on car trunk lining and basic body padding. Lost many guitars to shipping damage (headstocks) due to those shit-ass cases.
                    +1 on the cases being shit and never holding up. Those newer cases aren't much better, and the Kelly might fit in one but not another for the Kelly.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

hellfire666, I'm not finding the cherry burst "hideous" it's the shape, something isn't working for me on that shape. Top Horn, that's what it is.
                      Last edited by Jackson8090s; 09-12-2015, 11:58 AM.
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Oh, we loves the horn The actual shape is what i love about this guitar, the clownburst is growing on me, it´s bright and shiny.

Comment

clownburst ! Aye, as long as you're happy with it man... I still think it's cool, just that horn bugs me, it's like its too long for the body. *cough* Gollum
                          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Heh - most people don't like the ballsack front lower horn

And +1 for Clownburst

Comment

I'm out of this thread
                              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X