Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRX info help

Hey guys!

I'm trying to track down some decent info for a mate who has this guitar. Bought new here in Australia I believe.

Anyways. See pics below. Made in Japan, 1999 (clearly, by the stamps) Any other info would be appreciated. Cheers.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a DRX. Possibly a dealer run model? Musicians Friend, Guitar Center... etc.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That top is almost Bengal, stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
        That top is almost Bengal, stunning.
        Unfortunately, it looks like it's a spray grain not real tiger flame.

The DRX appears nowhere in any of Jackson's catalogues, and it was not a 'dealer special' as it was bought at a small guitar shop here in Melbourne around 2000. interestingly, it was one of the higher level Jackson's, having a shelf price of around $2K.

Does noone know anything about them at all!!?? Do we have a Unicorn on our hands?

Comment

I don't know what kind of price differences there are in the land down under, but $2k for a Japanese Jackson in 1999-2000 ---- you got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            I don't know what kind of price differences there are in the land down under, but $2k for a Japanese Jackson in 1999-2000 ---- you got robbed.
            Depends on your perspective on CIJ instruments I suppose.
            Disclaimer: it's not my guitar, so I'm lucky both ways. And apparently he only paid about $1200, it had been on the shelf too long... My guess is because noone had heard of it so they wouldn't pay the money for it.

Still. Last resort is to go to Jackson and see if I can catch a helpful service person to dig up some info for me.

Comment

Here are 3 links showing Australian owners, suggesting a model made strictly for the Aussie market.
              The 4th link lists the specs in English, but everything else is a foreign language.
              Good luck getting info from Jackson.

http://ratmnet41971.yuku.com/topic/1...y#.Vg_i6ZWFMac

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                $2k AU was probably the retail price. Yeah, people in Australia get robbed for just about anything they want to buy.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ok, makes sense.
                  $2000 retail I can see.
                  $1200 purchase I can see.

Comment

Working...
                  X