No announcement yet.

Unleash the Minions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd been looking at the Fender 3/4 Strat for my daughter, but while most people seemed to love them in reviews, musicians brought attention to many issues. I wanted to give her as real an instrument as possible, figuring she'll have a better chance of taking an interest and learning to play that way, so I settled on the Minion. I'm not going to lie, though . . . the whole time I was selling the idea to my wife I knew that the minute they're both out of the house to work and school I'll be having at that thing!

Comment

lol thanks for sharing the pictures!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        dude, give me that Rhoads in green. Would look bitching on my 6'4 220lb frame
        I thought the same thing until I held it....... Just felt too small....lol

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
        Score!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8547[/ATTACH]
        Awesome pic! Got the stance down!
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I was surprised to see a couple of these in my local store today, the white V & the ferrari red dinky. They play really well & look fantastic, apart from both having a minor flaw on the high point of the headstock, yep, both of them.

My boys got rather excited but I didn't, no money

I wouldn't anyway, not at the price they wanted, the dinky had $369 down from $449, fuck that, I can do better on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            I was surprised to see a couple of these in my local store today, the white V & the ferrari red dinky. They play really well & look fantastic, apart from both having a minor flaw on the high point of the headstock, yep, both of them.

My boys got rather excited but I didn't, no money

I wouldn't anyway, not at the price they wanted, the dinky had $369 down from $449, fuck that, I can do better on ebay.
            $369!?!?
            What crooked store were you shopping at?

They're $149 at Guitar Center.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              $369!?!?

They're $149 at Guitar Center.
              Remember, he is in Australia.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                I was surprised to see a couple of these in my local store today,
                This is the exact time of year that you would see them.
                You'd be amazed at the stuff that is brought in to stores for Christmas --- and ONLY Christmas.

$369!?!?
                He comes from the land down under. Everything is more expensive down there.

Comment

What crooked store were you shopping at?.
                  An Australian store. Ya gotta remember the exchange rate is the main factor so we will always pay more but yes, it's still crooked.

Comment

Wow. That's a pretty shitty exchange rate.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      Someone do a side by side with a full size.
                      Here is RR

Fits a 4 year old...big one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cool! And it's still bigger than Dan Spitz.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd like to check one of these out. My 7yr old asked me to start teaching him. The mini-Strat Chinese clone is pretty weak as an actual instrument. See if he wants to stick with it and maybe get him one for Christmas.
                          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Every time I go to the store and see one, I end up trying it. They've been quite nice, I'm very tempted to get one. But I'm worried that the small scale might get old after a while
                            https://soundcloud.com/benjammin420/funkapus

Comment

It doesn't get old. The problem for me is I adjust to it and then get bitter that I can't make that 4th-12th fret stretch on my other guitars.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

do you use heavier strings than on your other guitars?
                                https://soundcloud.com/benjammin420/funkapus

Comment

Working...
                                X