Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a B-Stock Right??? If it is the Address of the seller is below -BUYERS BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a B-Stock Right??? If it is the Address of the seller is below -BUYERS BEWARE

This came in today - advertised as "NEW" in ebay - IMO - Jackson won't send out stocks like this - this is terrible - but i have to admit for $350 the buyer accepting it as a
    bid is pretty low for this 2014 X-Series guitar. I hope i can get your opinion if i'm just procrastinating because i got this guitar thinking it's a GREAT DEAL NEW then got it realizing that it is probably USED! FLOOR MODEL? OR EVEN A B-STOCK? but it evan has a minor ding that you could not even photograph since it's a white guitar. PLEASE ADVISE - RETURN!!!! OR JUST KEEP - OR GET A BETTER DEAL???

THANK YOU!

NEEWB- ATUM

Looks like the electronics cavity cover plate has still a soft protective film on it, you should peel it off. Same with truss rod cover. Peeling paint is a real problem and a reason to label it B-stock. Locking nut is partially roughly casted and poorly painted. KEXMG has a Floyd Rose Special , right?

I don´t think it is unsual that an inexpensive made in Indonesia Jackson has small esthetic blemishes. How much a new KEXMG costs usually? 700$ ? I think 350$ is a good price if guitar is otherwise ok.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Would it be B stock?
      Well, truth is, you are buying a cheap import. They have less QC than the USA models. So, I can see a few blems being normal.

Also, you said "Jackson won't send out stock like this", but you didn't buy from Jackson. You bought from a reseller (we assume a legit dealer since no one but authorized agents can truly sell as new). So, the unit you have could have been rusted and corroded by the seller, not by Jackson. It is still new because it was never sold.

If you are unhappy, return it.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        Would it be B stock?
        Well, truth is, you are buying a cheap import. They have less QC than the USA models. So, I can see a few blems being normal.
        This is MIC, right?

If so, yeah, the MIC Charvel and the few MIC Jacksons I've seen all look great until you give them a closer look and they might have minor flaws or blems.

From the amount this one has it's likely B stock.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I looked at your pics and I didn't see anything abnormal for a MIC guitar in that price range.

If you want better you will need to scrutinize it before you buy and even then you will likely have to look at a few guitars to find one you're happy with.
          Last edited by Matt_B; 10-16-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

If it plays and sounds nice, I wouldn't worry about the cosmetic stuff. Though, maybe see if you can get a little bit more of a discount since it does say brand new in the ebay auction with only one stock pic.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A 2014 'B' stock Jackson sold under legit circumstances would need an orange sticker on the back of the headstock in place of the original white sticker. Many of those appear on ebay listed as 'new-other' or 'manufacture refurbished'.

Just a guess ,but sounds to me like a bad one got through QC. It's unfortunate, but it happens.
              If it's only cosmetic and the guitar performs well and feels good, for $350 you did quite well IMO.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I also thought that to be a true "B" stock it was sent to a authorized refurb place where they touched up the imperfections. Some are still noticeable afterwards, but most times you are hard pressed to find them, and they are clearly marked "B". My guess is it never was sent in to be refurbed and upgraded to a "B" stock, and it was poor QC, or more likely, based on those pics, not a new guitar.
                Last edited by veemagic; 10-16-2015, 06:50 PM.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

if it plays good, keep it. you wont feel as bad when you nick one of the pointys lol
                  Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

The authorized dealer swears that it's a NEW GUITAR and has sent me a return label and would send me a new stock that they would inspect before sending - It's could be that it was a 2014 stock and it's made in Indonesia that's why the QC is not even close to what we have here. In anyways not a bad deal for $350 and getting a new one hopefully it would be better. Thanks for all the inputs! I was able to use them as good points to get a new stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X