Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify my Jackson!

Hello guys,

a couple of months ago I asked you to help me identifying my Jackson guitar. It was sold to me as a Jackson DR (lefty) but I don't think that's what I got. It's more than 20 years ago now and the serial number doesn't give a match. Some of you guys asked me to take a picture of the inside of the neck/body, so I did. I hope there's someone that can tell me what type of guitar I have and can also give me an indication of what its value was back in the ninetees. I think I've payed way to much back then.

I already started a topic on this a couple of months ago but my account was deleted due to inactivity.

This is the URL to the picture: http://snag.gy/wp0gc.jpg

Thnx in advantage!

The markings appear to indicate a PS4- Left handed- Performer. What's the serial?
    Date stamps are usually written out, ex: 1999-08-30. Perhaps your 9/8/30 is '99, Aug 30.
    I think they sold for around $500 USD back then, but I may be corrected.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That is a picture of the body. But what does the neck look like?
      It is possible that they were switched. Performers say Performer in the headstock.

I put Performers in the $100 range today. Although, from listening to a couple guys talk around here, the PS4 seems to be the desirable one.
      Since the Concept MSRP was in the 5-600 range, I can see the Performers being the same general area. Although, there was a larger variety of Performers than Concepts.

Comment

There are two types of Performers... Japanese built and Korean.
        The Japanese ones have better necks IMO and Korean ones have heavier bodies.
        -Rick

Comment

The serial number is: 9606126

Here some more pics:
          http://snag.gy/EF8qS.jpg
          http://snag.gy/Cwwnh.jpg
          http://snag.gy/JU2bi.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            The markings appear to indicate a PS4- Left handed- Performer. What's the serial?
            Date stamps are usually written out, ex: 1999-08-30. Perhaps your 9/8/30 is '99, Aug 30.
            I think they sold for around $500 USD back then, but I may be corrected.
            I bought the guitar in '96/'97. I'm not quit sure. I am sure that I owned it for at least two years in '99.

Comment

I've never seen that date format before, but considering it's a mid-late '90s I'm not surprised. Pocket stamps were hit and miss on some models during that period. Some had no markings, some were indecipherable.
              Any pics of the whole guitar? Did you buy it new?

A Japanese serial starts with 9, a Korean starts with 1, or, possibly 0.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I bought it new, it was ordered by the store and I had to wait several weeks before it was delivered. It was sealed and packed in a Jackson box. There were no signs the box was opened before but ofcourse you can never be sure.

I'll upload some pics of the whole guitar.

Comment

I was just trying to determine if a previous owner swapped the neck, but since you purchased it new, that's impossible.

Comment

Just did a few runs around the interwebs and it appears Jackson did not put the "Performer" logo on the left handed version of the PS-4.

360_72ac9d0ea0d88c37f0e50514ed63ebee.jpg krytzy8at1l3jjus0rpc.jpg
                    -Rick

Comment

Interesting. Good info.

Comment

Is that ALL lefthanded PS4? All lefthanded Performers?
                        Or just certain ones --- like maybe towards the end when they moved back to Japan?

Comment

I only searched for left handed PS-4 images.
                          Every one I've found, is missing the "Performer" logo.
                          -Rick

Comment

Ok, so I can be certain it's a PS4? It was sold to me as a DR, I was a guitar dummy at the time and didn't have a clue....

I send an email to the store, they know nothing about it and ofcourse I don't get a refund because it's so long ago.

Well, anyhow, I know now. Thnx to you all!!

Comment

Yep... your guitar is a PS4.
                              The Dinky Reverse model is part of the Professional series, not the Performer series.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X