help ID'ing Greenswirl neckthru serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ID'ing Greenswirl neckthru serial number

I have a neck-thru swirl green finish Jackson with serial # 093172 (6 digits) stamped below the last fret. it has the active EMG 81/85 set, single volume,single tone, 3 way blade-style selector switch, and a "real" Floyd Rose (not the "licensed by"). All black hardware, Jackson tuners, 24 jumbo frets. cream binding(neck & headstock) neck-thru construction.
    I'm confused as to the date/model/country of manufacture. Not too computer-savvy, and as a newbie don't know how to post or link pics...

What is the body shape? Rhoads, Kelly, King V, Soloist? 3x3 head or 6-inline?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Archtop?
      Sounds like one of the Pro Soloists.
      The serial says 2009, made in Japan.

If it's the original tremolo it isn't an Original Floyd, it's an FRT 02000 trem. It's part of the 1000 Series Original...same materials and dimensions as the OFR, but made in Korea not Germany.

There've been dozens of owners online misled by those tremolos. Specs often list the 'Original' part, but not the '1000 Series' part.
      Last edited by Mudlark; 11-01-2015, 05:36 PM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

He didn't say "Original", he said "real", as in "not licensed by", but a "Floyd Rose" logo on it.
        These are manufactured under authority from Floyd Rose to bear the Floyd Rose logo, just like the Schaller-made models.

I was thinking it was an SLS till he said it was Floyded, then thought maybe Kelly, and then thought it may be an older Eerie Dess Swirl, which can be more blue-green, or more green-blue, depending. Forgot about those more recent green swirl Soloists.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, It's the soloist shape with a flat top,but has the arm and belly relief.
          Thanks for the clarification on the Floyd too Mudlark. I only say 'real' Floyd because of the licensed under thingy. It's definitely of a higher quality than the most of the ones I see on fenders/jacksons/etc. Just has Floyd Rose on the plate. After your post I did a search on the 1000 series and that definitely is it. I don't have issues with MIK. Actually I'm an amateur collector of MIK Fenders/Squiers, so that's not a sticky point with me.
          So basically we're at 2009 model MIJ. Would this be a 'Soloist' model? Or is it an SL3? (is an SL3 a soloist?) Much of the info out there is confusing as far as model/construction...
          Fretboard appears to be Rosewood with the full size Sharkfin pearloid inlays. Has the traditional 6 in line headstock too, with just the 'Jackson' logo in white.

Comment

ArrgggHHH!!! Sorry about the double post there. So maybe a google search of 2009 ProSoloist is in order...

Comment

Found a picture of an SL3MG Green swirl that looks identical,
              same hardware, pickups, finish/color, and Jackson TSA002 locking case. So what's an SL3MG model?

Comment

There was the SLS and SL-3. The SL-3 is a Soloist made in Japan, with the SL-1 and SL-2 being USA made. The SLS is a Superlight Soloist, which is a thinner body, typically mahogany.

Any Jackson with "MG" in the model name means it came with EMG pickups, whether active or passive HZ models.

Comment

Use a host site like Photobucket or Imageshack then copy/paste the address into the IMG tag
                  Last edited by Force; 11-02-2015, 03:26 AM.

Comment

I only mention the tremolo out of habit. Seems a large number of owners of those tremolos were led to believe they were an actual German Floyd because of 'Original' being mentioned in the specs. Many don't take kindly to hearing the truth. People all seem to really like the FRT, though.

Here's the 2010 Jackson price list with some specs and MSRP pricing.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                      At last!! Thanks Photobucket!

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Thanks for all the information and help everyone. Pretty confident now that she's a 2009 MIJ SL3MG w/swirl green finish. Hope I did the link correctly if anyone should want to look at more pictures of her. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                        X