NDD - New Dominion Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDD - New Dominion Day

Waited a long time for this. I have a MIJ dominion pro and 2 lower model Indonesia ones as well.
    I like the fact that these feel like a Les Paul, but with a different look.

That said, the fit and finish on this is a A -
    There are some small visible gaps between where the binding meets around the headstock. I figure this is because the neck is unfinished and the clear coat (if it had one on the neck) would have perhaps filled some of the gaps and made it less visible.

It's got the DiMarzio Dominion pickups in it. Where as my other Dominion pro has 59's in it. I think the 59's are a superior pickup. More complex and balance of a tone and more going on. It's a more complex sound if you will. Now the Dominions seem a little harsh on the upper mids and high end. I was kind of bummed, but then I rememberd that my MKV has a bass knob :LOL:

I turned up the bass to about 11 on Channel 3 and it came to life. Now it still does not sound near as good as my MIJ Dominion. The MIJ dominion is a much heavier guitar and has a lot more sustain and a 3 dimensional effect from the pickups. I don't know if they cheaped out and used inferior mahogany on this guitar, but it doesn't sound near as good. For all I know, it's Nato, not mahogany as it's not much heavier than my other 2 Dominions, the DX2 models.

I'm trying to think if I should get some 59's for this or if it's mostly because of the lack of weight that it doesn't sound as good as the MIJ dominion.

If I had a Dominion, I would just play Ruin over and over and over until my fingers broke.

Happy NGD, bro.

Comment

That shape is slowly starting to grow on me. Looks great in black.
      These are Indonesian, correct?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
      X