Is This a Jackson DR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This a Jackson DR3?

I was walking home last night from the store, and found this in the garbage in front of someone house. Its a little beat up and needs a good cleaning, the fretboard is caked with someone's DNA. It also needs some parts, its missing one block for the saddles that holds the string in and the lock screw that holds the block in place on the bridge. I was just wondering what bridge this is. I checked online and it seems to be a JT580LP bridge. I just need to know what to get this parts. I was looking on ebay and a whole new bridge is like 38 bucks, not sure if it would be cheaper just to buy the whole bridge or just the parts I need. Its all original other then that. I am going to pull the neck off later today to date it. I have posted pictures. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers!

Yes, definitely a DR3 with JT580LP bridge. Nice score! You can't beat free.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wish I could find stuff like that, bloody hell. Definitely get a whole bridge & use that one for parts.

Comment

I'd like to know the serial if you happen to check the stamps.
        For 38 bucks you'd have a spare bridge and/or lots of parts.

Slap an OFR on it.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          I wish I could find stuff like that, bloody hell. Definitely get a whole bridge & use that one for parts.

Just hang outside of people's houses of couples splitting up or getting divorced!
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

How is the high e being held in place?
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

They threaded it through the back of the saddle. I found that weird.

Comment

There was other stuff there but nothing worth while, smashed up furniture, smash 55+ " LED/LCD TV, and garbage. I just thought it was the case, I needed a spare case, but when I opened it the guitar was inside. It was about 10-10:30 at night. I bet in the morning it would have been gone.

Comment

Will a original Floyd fit with no mods? Don't really want to put a lot of money into it. I have some EMG-HZ pickups I am going to replace the DD pups, I know people say they are crap, but I have always like them.

Comment

Is the DR3 a good guitar?

Comment

Here is the neck plate serial #9665443. The neck pocket says 14/5/2001, May 14 2001. I take it this is a pre fender era Jackson. Didn't Fender get Jackson in 2002? Also the one saddle is bent from the string being threaded through the whole. I don't know what to do buy a whole JT580LP from ebay and just use the parts I need from it and keep it for spare parts, or just use the whole trem? I would like to keep it original as possible. I have also included 2 picture of the neck with the strings off. Looks like the fret board was never cleaned 14 years of gunk lol.

Comment

I would've put 9665xxx at 2001, so that makes me happy.
                        Many people have switched the JT580LP with an OFR without modifications, but I can't say for sure if there are exceptions to the rule.

Yup, '02 was the Fender acquisition.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          Yup, '02 was the Fender acquisition.
                          Which means that 01 would be some of the worst instruments made because that was after they spent a decade driving the company into bankruptcy.

I hope you didn't pick something out of the trash and bring it right into your home. That shit needs deloused.

Buying an entire unit (in this case, the tremolo) is always cheaper than buying the individual parts. That's true for all products.
                          The only problem with buying a 580lp, is that you are buying a 10-20 year old piece. It is fine to use for parts, but you'd need to be careful replacing the entire unit. Which is definitely a cost saver when you consider that NEW saddles cost $90 for the set.

Comment

I didn't bring it right in the house, I spray the case with bug spray left it out side for 24 hours in -8c weather. The vacuumed out sprayed with 100% alcohol vacuumed again, and then sprayed FB. I have bought guitars before and the cases had bugs/worms etc in it. So I know the routine lol. There are a couple JT580LP on ebay now. The knife edges on the this trem are mint and not flatten out. A seller named Boyddent has them forsale. I have bought vintage pedals off him before good seller.

Comment

I found 3 jt580lp's on ebay. I just would like some input on which one to get. 2 are just the bridge, spring claw, mounting screws, and one is with the bridge, spring claw, mounting screws and trem bar. The one with the trem bar looks to be the best condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X