Help me choose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose!

Hello everyone! I have been searching to buy a new guitar for a couple of weeks now, but the options are really small, atleast in country where I live. We don't have a Jackson retailer. So far I heard that DK2M model is a great bang for buck and I need your help to choose the better deal.

My first option is to buy a used DK2m: http://www.bolha.com/glasbila-glasbe...939631&kw=dk2m
    I talked to the owner and he said that he took good care of her and also got it from second hand. I'm sorry for the language of the website but I think the pictures and serial number will be enough to judge. He doesn't know the exact year the guitar was made.

The other option is to buy a brand new Jackson and pay couple of hundreds euros more. I have been looking at this model: http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_pro_dinky_dk2qm_tr.htm
    Now I'm asking you, which is the better deal and is better built? Used one which is MIJ or brand new which are made in mexico if I'm not wrong. How is the quality of hardware, floyds, etc.?

I'm sorry for my language, I'm not a native speaker and I really appreciate the answers.

pass on both. they are seriously crap. even more so that 3 bolt neck one. avoid these.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
      pass on both. they are seriously crap. even more so that 3 bolt neck one. avoid these.
      how so..
      GEAR:
      #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
      #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
      #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
      #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
      #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
      ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I'd go for the MIJ over the MIM without thinking twice.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Those DK2M's made in Japan are stellar guitars. That crap comment is just, well crap.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            I'd go for the MIJ over the MIM without thinking twice.
            same here BUT i do like the finish and the rosewood board of the MIM
            GEAR:
            #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
            #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
            #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
            #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
            #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
            AMPS:
            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
            ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Couldn't agree more. The forums are full of happy owners of both Mexican, and naturally, Japanese models.
              Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
              Those DK2M's made in Japan are stellar guitars. That crap comment is just, well crap.
              Either guitar would be a fine instrument provided it's in proper working condition.
              That DK2M is made in Japan 2009ish. Alder body, JT580LP trem, rosewood board, Duncan JB/'59.
              The recent Mexican DK2MQ is alder/maple top, FRT 02000 trem, ebony board, Duncan JB/Jazz.

The biggest difference to me would be the Korean made FRT 02000 is reported to be made from the same metals as the Original German made Floyd. The JT580LP metals wouldn't be of the same level of quality, but there are many satisfied JT580LP owners.

A new DK2QM would get you a warranty and an option to return. Is the DK2M returnable if you're not satisfied?

All guitars need to be judged individually, so trying them both out and picking the one that suits you best is the ideal situation.

I personally love ebony, and the FRT02000 would be my choice over the JT580LP. Just my opinion.
              Last edited by Mudlark; 12-01-2015, 06:09 PM.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the answers! The DK2M is not returnable but I could easily take my time and try it. The problem with the DK2QM is that I can't test it as we don't have any retailers where I live. I would be just blindly buying it from the webstore. I guess both guitars would be a really big upgrade from a fake stratocaster that I own at the moment. I'll try to arrange a meeting and test the dk2m to see how it feels.
                Really appreciate the help and if someone else has something else to add, feel free to post.

Comment

The M in DK2M means maple ie fretboard. For some reason they put rosewood on one model, called it a DK2M, then DK2, then back to DK2M again (the mexi models). Ah Jackson, confusing people since the mid 80's.

Both are great but the MIJ models are the pick of the 2.
                  Last edited by Force; 12-02-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I can't believe I said a DK2M had a rosewood board.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                    X