Is this Flamed or Quilted top ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Flamed or Quilted top ?

Hi I'm not sure if my guitar is a flamed top or a quilted top one !
    Guitar is a '94 Japan Jackson Dinky Reverse. 1994 catalog quotes only "quilted maple top" but I read on another unofficial site that there were flamed basswood too..
    What do you think mine is ? [IMG][/IMG]

looks quilted to me

Comment

I'd agree. Looks like a quilted top.

Comment

It's not a real wood veneer, but a paper veneer with a photo of a wood top.
        Jackson used these tops on some guitars in the mid 90's, but went back to real wood veneers in the late 90's.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          It's not a real wood veneer, but a paper veneer with a photo of a wood top.
          Jackson used these tops on some guitars in the mid 90's, but went back to real wood veneers in the late 90's.
          I'm curious to know where this information come from. The 94-95 jackson catalog says "The Dinky xl and Reverse are both available with optional figured Maple Tops which increase the range of their voices"
          Thanks !
          Last edited by Spectrum; 01-12-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that's one of those "gravure" photo flame/quilt tops they advertised back then.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The description is just advertising hype for the most part.
              Its more of a photo top than anything if it was an actual wood top you should see a defined layer at the top of the pick up routes.
              Those are great guitars either way probably basswood which sounds fantastic to me.I wouldn't worry about it being a photo top it won't have any effect on the tone of the guitar.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X