No announcement yet.

need help identifying a dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The professional series with professional on the headstock ended in 96-97 time frame.
    pro series were top of the line and professional series were mid grade so two different lines of guitars.Both lines were great guitars.
    The Duncan Designed pick ups are fine I actually like them if you upgrade the volume and tone pots and cap.
    Putting a lot of money in that guitar isn't what I would do because they are great as is.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Actually, it's a DX10D, the DX10's had dot inlays instead of sharkfins.
      The differences between the 2 models can be seen in the 2000 catalogue.
      are you sure? i've always thought that i had a dx10d... https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg
      (it had reverse headstock, and i swapped the duncan designed for duncans)

Comment

I'm 100% sure. Check out the poor quality pics in the 2000 catalogue. DX10, KE10 and RR10 had dots, the (D) indicated sharkfins.

Also, the toggle switch indicates you had a DR3...which is also shown in the 2000 catalogue.
        edit: Are the pickup rings factory? DR3's had no rings to my knowledge.
        2nd edit: The 1999 catalogue shows a DR3 with pup rings.

2000 catalogue: http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...00_catalog.pdf
        Last edited by Mudlark; 01-17-2016, 12:49 PM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

yes the pickup rings are stock.
          ok, so i had a dr3

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy692005 View Post
            its a DX10
            also noticed a crack at the corner of the neck pocket. it doesnt go all the way through the body but it is still there
            Since nobody else answered this, it's generally just a crack in the paint and is common. Nothing to worry about. It's generally from someone tightening the neck down too tight or from expansion. It's so common, nobody else even figured to answer you. lol
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Early Dr3's had no pickup rings. Later ones did.

Comment

sorry about the big pics, but here are the pics of the crack[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Holy shit, I better check all of mine. Granted none of my surface cracks look as bad as yours but fuck me, that's not nice to find.

Comment

I have had this on set neck guitars, its from weather change, wood expanding and contracting. I have also seen these on bolt ons could be from weather change or someone overtightened the neck screws. I doubt the neck was ever taken off though most guitarists are to scared for some reason to take the neck off let alone work on their own guitars lol.

Comment

so is this thing scrap or will it hold a tune enough to learn on?

Comment

also can you tune these down to B to B without a ton if issues?
                        thanks in advance

Comment

You should really check out a guitar before you buy it just to avoid problems in the future.Yeah, you can if you know how to setup up a Floyd. Spring tension and string tension have to be the same. Also for lower tunings your going to need thicker string, 10's 11's 12's depending on what tuning, plus truss rod adjustment. Most Jackson come stock with 9 gauge strings. I use 10's and had to adjust the truss rod a bit to compensate for the thicker strings.

Comment

i guess i am just trying to find out if this guitar is worth hanging on to
                            thanks for the input

Comment

If you are a player ---- PLAY IT.

You'll get more value out of it if you play it then if you sell it. Doesn't matter if you sell it today, or 20 years from now. The real value is in playing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X