Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help in order to identify a Jackson guitar (in Italy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help in order to identify a Jackson guitar (in Italy!)

Hi everyone,
    I love Jackson guitars but I never had one actually.
    I saw this deal on a website, I called the guy that seems a good person
    but I need help to identify the model...I downloaded every catalogue on the Jackson website but with no good results :-(

This is the link:

(It's in italian, the guy said that is a "Jackson Dinky Pro Japan, year 1990 reverse..."

The price is 380 USD

Is it a good deal in your opinion?

Greetings from Italy!

Max

My initial feeling is it's either a PS4 Performer with a different neck added, or a JDR 94 Concept with a different neck added. Certainly doesn't look like a 1990 and it doesn't appear to be all original. I may be corrected, but the neck looks unoriginal to the body.

Any pics of the back of the guitar? Do you have a serial number?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you Mudlark!!
      the serial number reported on the plate is: 9606484
      I got the number by phone, unfortunately to see the guitar in person I might cross the Alps.
      It's a wonderful place but the travel would require at least 6 hours.

I'm very sorry to bother you but the Jackson market here in Italy is a mess,
      we have no documentation about imported models and there are a lot of unoriginal around :-(

Thank you in advance!

Max

Comment

Not sure the PS4 came in that colour so I'd go with a JDR body & DX10D neck.

Comment

There were a couple H/S/H models with sharkfin inlays, from what I remember. I can't recall the model names offhand.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DK3 was H/S/H with sharkfins, but wasnt available in a reverse headstock i beleive. Also had chrome satin hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
              Not sure the PS4 came in that colour so I'd go with a JDR body & DX10D neck.
              Did the JDR come in that colour? I think I've only ever seen black ones (as mine is).
              I'd be thinking PS4 with the neck change. Which is a shame, as the original neck would have been much nicer.

As for the price - $380 is WAY too much. I'd not be paying any more than about $230 for that in Europe. Look for one of the new X series guitars - you'll get better hardware and a neck with binding.
              Last edited by MartinBarre; 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Maybe a DRX model or not?

Comment

Hi guys, thank you! You're amazing!

I just found this guitar on the same website:

...it seems very similar to me.
                  As you all said, I can not find this body/neck composition in no one of the Jackson 90's catalogues.

Could be a model sold only in Italy/SouthEurope?

@MartinBarre thanks for the price note! I was going to buy a overpriced guitar because of my urgency for having a Jackson ;-)

Comment

Not all Jacksons were in catalogs.

Comment

Originally posted by chispallate View Post
                      Maybe a DRX model or not?
                      Yes, I believe it is a DRX. Seems it may be just for the European market.
                      I was thinking of a DK3 before, as that's also H/S/H, but that's got neck/headstock binding.

Here's a thread about the DRX.

Comment

Thank you toejam, you're a wizard!
                        It's definitively a DRX! It seems there was a DRX model without the flame body for the European market.
                        Unfortunately the owner requires $380 that (as MartinBarre said) is way too much. I've heard about 1998 DRXs in better conditions for less than $250...

Thank you guys, I do not stop and I will continue my research for a good Jackson deal!

I'd like to be part of the forum as a proud Jackson owner as soon as possible :-)

Greetings from Italy!

Comment

Cool. You're welcome. Glad we could help.

Comment

Working...
                          X