Ngd dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd dk2m

I'm finally getting around to posting this, I spent last week trying to get over being sick and since haven't been able to get this thing out of my hands long enough to post. This is my first NGD in a long time, money has been beyond tight but I've been in need of a guitar with a Floyd so I broke-down and sold my Schecter Blackjack and scored something I've been wanting for years now, a DK2M. I love this guitar, the neck and fretboard are just sick and make it a joy to play. I was debating on whether or not to take it to a tech to have it set-up as I've never worked with a Floyd before but I prefer to do as much as I can to my instruments - I read-up as much as I could and watched a few decent videos and was glad I did because it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as I thought it may be and now I've conquered the floydophobia. So now I'm back to a Jackson-only family and this is keeping my SLXT company:

Last edited by watson503; 01-22-2016, 08:27 PM.

Congrats! Floyds are no big deal to mess with once you get the hang of it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks great those dk2ms are great guitars had a few .

Comment

I've been after a black one for ages too, super freakin sexy axe.

Yeah, floyds are pretty easy to work on once you figure it out.

Comment

nice!
          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

They look nice black...matches the inlays.
            Those serials rolled over to 9800000 about 2007.

edit: If you ever remove the neck for some reason, check the date/models stamps on the neck pocket/neck heel. I'd love to see the year/month/day of number 9800002.
            Last edited by Mudlark; 01-24-2016, 11:53 AM.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              They look nice black...matches the inlays.
              Those serials rolled over to 9800000 about 2007.

edit: If you ever remove the neck for some reason, check the date/models stamps on the neck pocket/neck heel. I'd love to see the year/month/day of number 9800002.
              Most definitely, will do!

And thanks, y'all - I'm really stoked to finally have one of these, with work and everything it is usually a chore trying to get three hours of practice/play in a day but it has been hard to put this thing down lmao Now I just need to get another Rhoads back in the stable and all will be well...

Comment

Great score! Love my DK2M...

Comment

Working...
                X