Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have 2 old Jackson guitars collecting dust....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have 2 old Jackson guitars collecting dust....

Hi,

Let me start off by saying I have researched on the internet for hours trying to find out any info about these guitars. This is my last resort. I purchased both new back in the day. Wondering what they are worth if anything. Please see below:

Jackson Kelly Std
    purchased '91-'93
    purple
    rosewood fretboard with dots(24 fret)
    bolt on neck
    two double humbuckers
    Locking Jackson licensed Floyd Rose Trem
    Serial # J000877
    Immaculate condition

Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro
    purchased early '92
    Transparent Red Tiger stripe maple top - mahogany back
    neck thru body construction
    Ivory bound ebony fretboard with mother of pearl sharkfin inlays - 24 fret
    Headstock has "Jackson" and "professional" in mother of pearl inlay as well
    Back of headstock has double allen key set
    twin double humbuckers
    Locking Jackson licsened Floyd Rose Trem
    Serial # J001003
    Came with custom fit Jackson hard shell case
    Immaculate Condition

Thanks in advance

Greg

Truthfully, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay. The used market is flooded with great deals, so getting what they're worth to you is a long shot.

Opinions will vary, but I'll throw some numbers at you.

Kelly STD in immaculate condition. $400... A motivated buyer may pay more.
    Pro Soloist AT with case in immaculate condition. $800... A motivated buyer may pay more.

The Kelly is competing with Jackson Pro series guitars that can be had, used, for $275-350, often with OHSC.
    The Soloist is competing with used USA Jacksons which can be found in the $1-1200 price range quite regularly.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It's a buyer's market and there are a lot of nice guitars to be had so everyone is looking for deals and not many people are willing to pay as much as these guitars are worth. GL
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

These are luxury items, no matter how you slice it, despite "the economy" and other excuses people will throw at you, and no matter how many crackhead and retard deals people say they got.

I've not seen a Japan-made Kelly Pro (neckthrough) go for $275-$350 with hard case on a regular basis, so that odd one or two in a blue moon cannot be used to measure market value. I've got an Indonesian KV that I'd easily compare to the Japan-made Mustaine Pro I used to have as far as build quality goes, but the simple fact is a Japan-made Jackson is inherently worth more than a newer one simply because they are no longer made in Japan.

Any neckthrough Japan-made or USA-made Jackson in playable condition is worth $1000 minimum. Archtop Pros are one of the most sought-after variants of the Soloist Pro, and command higher prices because of it.

Again, these are not essentials, they're guitars. In the case of the Archtop Pro, it's a collectible, and whoever buys it will keep it stored well until the value increases to an amount they're willing to take for it, and will not let it go for less than $1000 unless they're in dire need.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Jackson...N-/32192714976

Sold for $828 + $88 shipping. The only one that's been on ebay for at least the sold listings search.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Stringthrough was never as popular as Floyded, though. Plus it's blue, which for Jackson is generally the Expect Low Prices Color
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just found my receipt for the Soloist last night. Originally paid $1328 for the guitar and Jackson custom moulded case back in '92. Those were the days of hand written receipts. Even had a "4 easy payment plan" on it. Good memories. Thanks guys for the info. So then maybe I won't pick up the soloist and plug it in(even tho the action is insane on this one) - I'll go with the kelly instead and see what if anything I remember from the distant past.

Comment

Originally posted by pittpens24 View Post
                This is my last resort.
                should've been your first stop
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Newc, this is a bolt on Kelly.
                  $275-350 will get you a bolt on Pro model in most used markets. The majority of these guitars aren't from the 'Professional' logo'd line, there're from the 2000-2011 era. KE3's, RR3's, DK2's etc.

I'm just saying this is the competition out there...
                  https://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/...jackson+guitar

A Professional Stealth for $150...
                  http://nashville.craigslist.org/sear...jackson+guitar

Sure, they're worth more than those numbers, but I'm speaking of what they're currently available for if you look around.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 01-28-2016, 11:52 AM.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

my pro has no J in the serial #
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                      should've been your first stop
                      Took me a while to find you guys

BTW Tried to take a pic to post up but both my phone and good cameras made the red look waaaay pink. Tried flash - no flash, more light less light. Only thing I haven't tried is sunlight. The purple one looks great (although I know that isn't the one ya'all wanna see lol). Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                        my pro has no J in the serial #
                        What model? Not all models got the J.

Comment

That's awesome dude!!!
                          I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                          ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                          Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                          Blackstar Soloist HT60
                          Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                          Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

I've been watching this guitar.It seems like a decent deal. A little banged up ,and looks like it needs frets ,but a neck through early 90's Professional for this price seems like a good deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Jackson...item41a3d4c6a6

Comment

Working...
                            X