Help - Jackson Stars - info and model identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Jackson Stars - info and model identification

Hi folks! I'm from Brazil, new here at the forum.

Just bought a second hand Jackson Stars and apparently there is a lack of info about it on the internet. Amazing guitar, plays and sounds great.

Think it was made in 2005 (the serial starts with 05). It has EMG-HZ pickups and a booster knob connected to a 9v battery circuit. Bolt-on neck, reversed headstock with a "limited edition" plate, piranha inlays, rosewood fretboard with a white cream binding. Can't tell the body wood, but I would bet mohogany if I had to.

Any help..?

Thanks a lot!!!

more pics

Comment

Looks like the Japanese market version of the DKMG.

I have no idea what makes it a limited edition, though, since I think TBK was a production color? :scratch:
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

From the blocky font, I'd say the truss rod cover was a replacement, and there's nothing "Limited Edition" about it.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Japanese Jacksons usually have date/model stamps on the neck pocket/neck heel.
          I'm not sure if the Stars models were stamped, but it's worth removing the neck and having a look.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

This is Jackson Stars ADK-01 - rcommended price 99 750 yen.

Comment

Working...
            X