Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Import KV vs EMG Zakk Wylde set...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Import KV vs EMG Zakk Wylde set...

I could get a complete EMG Zakk Wylde kit for a decent price and wondering if the long shaft pots would fit nicely in my Import KV?

Anyone knows or can help?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I used regular length pots in all my KVs. I have a little box of the long shaft ones left over!

Comment

I was told the kits used to have both length in it but EMG web site says: long shaft in the box.

I emailed them.

As I only want a volume, I may be able to find a short shaft and buy it alone.
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Long shaft are designed for Les Pauls, so they'll fit in any rear-loaded guitar. Short shaft are designed for pickguard-mounting.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc.

I got those pics above from EMG web site. According to their reply to my email, the long shaft would not fit. Anyone got some in their parts bin and could measure one for me from top of the threaded shaft to bottom of the electronic, where the solderless connection is located.
          JB aka BenoA

Comment

I put ZW set in JS32t KV and it all fit in but was pretty tight (one tone and one vol). The set is really designed for a LP so any other type of guitar may require some modifications. For example, the input jack on a KV is pretty far from the control cavity so soldering and wire alterations were required and made the job look kinda messy. Other problems could be pick up lead, and pot connection wire lengths. I'm not saying don't get the ZW set, but it may not be that straight forward. To answer your original question the long shafts should fit in the cavity but it will be nicer having the shorts because it will be easier to fit in the battery and, (if you go the quick connect route) the little circuit board to connect power and pots together too.
            2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Sorry to revive my old thread but I just got my ZW EMG box in the mail today. So first thing first, I pulled out a pot and tried it ASAP.

Well guys, if you ever wonder if you could fit EMG long shaft in an import, here are some pics that I did very quickly:

It fits pretty well... More to come when I'll finish the install later (may be this weekend if I can find some time).
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

cant see your pics.. btw, I have EMG JH in my slsmg, I didn't do the install though
                Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Will try to fix the pics later today. Sorry if doesn't work. But to make a quick summary: long shafts fit!
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                  X