This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a DK2?

I found this guitar local and the guy doesn't know what it is. I think it is a 1999-2000 pre fender DK2. He is asking $200 with case. Only thing its missing is the locking nut clamps and screws. Just wondering if its worth it to buy or should I pass on it?

Looks like a DK2 to me... For $200 (CDN $, I presume?) I'd get it. You can always grab a nut off Ebay...

Comment

Clamps and screws will cost under $10 for all 3 most likely. $200 U.S. or CD is a fantastic price with case.

Comment

It's getting difficult/rare to find a Japanese Pro Series (like that DK2) for $200 Canadian. Even without a case that's a good price. With a case, even better. The cheapskate and hard-bargainer in me says to try to negotiate an even better price because it's missing the locknut clamps/screws and maybe the case isn't in pristine condition.

Comment

Yep $200 CDN, Also its not black, it has the blue sparkle finish. The guy says its a 1996 model, going the serial number starting with 96. I know the satin chrome hardware was only done for a short while in 1999-2000 ish era.He wanted $350 for it and I got him down to $200 seeing as the nut was missing parts, also the knob is missing in the picture but he has it, I have seen some people remove it since its too close to the pickups.

Comment

Yeah, DK2, late '90s/early 2000s. Those 96 serials rarely mean 1996. They were numbered in sequence and 96 changed to 9700000 around 2003.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So do you think its worth $200? I know the later ones had SD pickups and the earlier one DD Pickups.

Comment

Hell yes. If you don't want it, send it to me. I live in Ottawa.

Comment

$350 would've been a good deal if it's in good shape...$200's a steal.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sweet, I will get it then. I will post detailed pictures tonight. Thanks for your help on this one guys.

Comment

does it have the Duncan design, or the Real McCoy pups?
                      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

With the chrome hardware it should have the Duncan designed.
                        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, its been a long night. I started ripping it apart as soon after I bought it tonight. I found out forsure its a DK2, and its either a 1996 or 1998, the year on the neck pocket says 1996 or 8 the last number is hard to read. I will post pictures soon. Also it has the takeuchi tremolo, it stamped takeuchi on the trem block. Will post pictures asap. Cheers!

Comment

It would have to be '98 since '98 was the first year they were offered.

Comment

ok, great then its a 1998 then lol.Good shape for a 19 year old guitar. Only thing is the nut clamps are missing and I had a extra chrome nut here and tried to use clamps and screws and they are too wide for the nut. Also on the bottom of the nut it is blank, normally it says BH.43 on this nut there's nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X