Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Armann View Post
    Awesome

Well I bought it, only played it for two hours but it feels awesome, low action, no fret buzzing, stays in tune, it's from 2006.
    This one feels better then the pro series Dinky I just tried new at the store so I'm happy
    Echoing what others have said: that is a fantastic flame (veneer I believe?) for a Pro. Personally I've always preferred the HH and maple fretboard of the DK2M but that is still a sweet piece.

The current bolt-on Pro series guitars like the DK2 and Charvel Pro Mod are nice (especially the three bolt heel and truss rod wheel) but I think the Chushin Gakki stuff was more consistent.

Comment

DK2s are awesome, congrats!
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Thanks, I have custom shop Fenders, J-Custom Ibanez and more but I can't believe the fit and finish on these for the money.

Comment

Did you remove the neck and check the date stamps to confirm 2006?
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Great looking guitar. I also prefer the DK2M's due to the maple board, but all the DK2 models look cool. What higher quality trem is a drop in replacement for the one that comes on the DK2 guitars?

Comment

I was a DK2 player for many years ... owned about a dozen of them in various variations ... DK2, DK2S, DK2LE, DXMG, DR3, etc. All great players. End of an era with the move away from Japan because now they're made a lot different with different heel shapes and other changes. Miss the Japanese Jacksons.
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

My DK2 is my regular gigging guitar, 2-3 times a month. Mine came with chrome hardware, but I changed it all over to black, and removed the Duncan Designed and replaced them with a Seymour Duncan Full Shred and two Cool Rails. Starting to need some fretwork now, but I have been playing it hard for the last three years!
                  A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
                  X