Help Identifying my Guitar - Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying my Guitar - Jackson

Hi, I'm trying to identify my guitar. No marks no names just the word Jackson on the reverse headstock . S/N is 9666336

Any help will be gratefully received.. Cheers
    Gogs

DR3... nice guitar.
    -Rick

Comment

Matching green headstock? Refinish, or did some DR3's have a matching headstock?

That serial suggests 2001...which was the final year for the DR3.
      If you're curious, you can remove the neck and check the date/model stamps on the neck heel/neck pocket.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Pretty sure that hs is black, just a low res pic.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I think I see what you mean.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I would think that it is an early DR3, not a 2001, because of the direct mount pickups and chrome hardware - although, the chrome could just be the photo.

Comment

If it were earlier than '98ish it'd have the Professional logo. So, I concluded the serial was using the sequential format, not the date coded format.
              They had direct mount/chrome hardware in 2001...as shown in the '01 catalogue.

Comment

Ye the head stock is black just reflection showing up. All hardware is chrome.

Comment

You can check the specs out in the '01 catalogue. http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...01_catalog.pdf

They were all made in Japan from the mid '90s to 2001. The neck pocket/neck heel should have date/model stamps if you remove the neck.

Comment

So I got it backwards... The direct mount are the last ones, not the first ones.

Comment

I actually missed that too.

Comment

Working...
                      X