[HELP] Model of this guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Model of this guitar

Hello guys. I'm new on this forum so sorry if i made this topic in bad section.
    I get the Jackson Charvel guitar in fall of my father. But i don't know what is a model. I see just this:
    Jackson Charvel Professional.
    Some Numbers: J010878
    On the neck: Duncan Designed
    Inside electronic: Made in Japan Takeuchi

Some fotos: http://imgur.com/a/LFYvP

Please help.

That looks like a mid-1990s Jackson KE3 (Kelly) Professional, made in Japan at the well-respected Chushin Gakki factory. I owned one in solid black!

The body is made of alder. Your body also has a thin maple veneer which results in the transparent quilt maple wood grain showing. The neck is quartersawn maple. The fretboard is rosewood, with reverse sharkfin inlays made of pearloid.

The pickups are the Duncan Designed HB-102 set (my observations: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/119...light=designed) which are the less expensive versions of the Seymour Duncan JB (bridge position) and the Seymour Duncan Jazz (neck position).

The tremolo bridge is a JT580LP.

J010878 is the serial number on the back of the headstock.

The case is made by SKB.

I remember my guitar sounding amazing. The lack of a tone knob (less circuitry), the huge Kelly body, and the Duncan Designed "JB" (which was surprisingly good) all made the guitar sound thick.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 06-04-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

So are u sure it's mid-1990s Jackson KE3 (Kelly) Professional?

Comment

Anyone want to help me here? I don't think I provided enough evidence, identification, specifications, and real-world first-hand ownership experience in my initial assistance above.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Anyone want to help me here? I don't think I provided enough evidence, identification, specifications, and real-world first-hand ownership experience in my initial assistance above.

No, dude, you are totally wrong. I think that looks like a mid-1990s Jackson KE3 (Kelly) Professional, made in Japan at the well-respected Chushin Gakki factory.

Comment

No, it's a KE3.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for those catalogs toejam!

How common are catalog errors?

The catalogs state the KE3 body was poplar instead of alder. I'll take the catalog's word on this since I can't tell alder from poplar.

However, the catalogs state that the bridge pickup was actually an HB-103 (Distortion). I swear mine came with dual HB-102s (JB/Jazz set) because the topic I linked in my first post likely had a photo I took that would have shown "HB-102" etched into the back of both pickups.

Comment

A lot of older Jacksons were poplar then eventually changed to alder. Catalogs, however, did have some errors from time to time, and pickups could have been changed and specs not updated.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those stickered serial were only used on those KE3's during the mid-90's, but the only way to be sure of the exact year is to remove the neck and check the date/model stamps on the neck heel/neck pocket.

I'm curious since you seem skeptical; did you think the serial indicated 1990, or did you think it was not a KE3?
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nonoonono. Wait.

No. You're all wrong.

It's a 90's era Japanese KE3 made at Chushin Gakki.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X