No announcement yet.

What do you think about the new models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about the new models?

A couple of interesting new models announced by Jackson--7 strings, multiscale and more.

http://jacksonguitars.com/features/xseries/

Love the awesome Dave 7 string Warrior

Still no Pro Warrior though

The fanned-fret import models are a first for Jackson. Are those frets popular today? Seems to me that's a very tiny market to go for, but I'm old and out the loop so I may be wrong.

I'm guessing the X series Scott Ian signature V should do ok, but on the other hand some people hate the idea.

I noticed the RRX24-7 uses the word 'dark' to describe the rosewood. That's different.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'm not aware that multiscale guitars are popular, but if brands start pushing them, who knows. But it's a good move I think. It may appeal to the young progressive/technical crowd. I think I've seen them use "dark rosewood" once before on some guitar. It's about time, too. I don't know why Cort has a hard time sourcing nice dark rosewood. Harmony and Wildwood did it years ago.

Comment

Fanned-fret guitars have become pretty popular among the extended-range crowd. I'm rather surprised it took Jackson this long to produce them.

Comment

AWESOME to see a fanned fret Jackson! I was wanting one for a long time and Agile seemed to be the only reasonable option, but now I think Ill definitely try one! Just wish it came in 6 string.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I really like the look of the new Scott Ian V and I have been thinking of trying to pickup an RR5 recently, but this might put that on the back burner.

The black headstock on the import model needs to change though, if it's because it's an X series and they want to differentiate from the USA custom then I understand why they are doing it, but currently it looks wrong AND they'll sell more if the headstock matches the body imho.

Comment

Working...
            X