NGD !!! 1992 trans violet DINKY XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD !!! 1992 trans violet DINKY XL

this is my first Jackson and I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality and tone of this beast !! the bridge pickup sounds damn good for a stock Jackson , actually pretty impressive , my charvel model series covered Jackson pickus sound very thin and shrill to me so I always went for a dimarzio super distortion in those and sound just amazing in the basswood guitars I have 7 model series charvel guitars that are all great but I'm really digging this xl , I will probably swap the jc92 for a dp100 and see if its any better ,not that its bad but ...... I have to say I'm so glad I grabbed this beast , got it for 375$... some surface scratches but almost zero fretware ..plays like butter ITS A ROCK&ROLL MACHINE klzbhunmdwxhthqpm4gh.jpgdxl.jpgdink 2.jpgdink3.jpg

Predecessor to the DK2, I love It.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Nice one...I really like the colour. Little fret wear means you got a damn near new, 24 year old Pro quality guitar for $375.
      Interesting that it has a Charvel logo'd JT590. Factory, or a replacement I wonder?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Ive seen these charvel branded bridges on a few other dinky xls from photos on the Internet from 92/93

Comment

Im definitely pulling the bridge pup for a dimarzio super distortion, and chaning the volume pot to a CTS true tolerance 500k.. not that the stock pup is bad but just love the super distortion in basswood bodied guitars

Comment

Yeah, I kinda' thought those cross-brand switches happened occasionally back then with tremolos.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I pulled the stock pickup and it had a hand written sticker JH-2 10.8 it calls for a j92c so not sure if it was like that from the factory or if the previous owner swaped it out .. it wasn't bad but threw a dimarzio super d in it and it really woke this thing up I also changed the volume pot with a CTS 10% true tolerance 500k I got from vision guitar on ebay ....great little tone upgrade ..

Comment

Originally posted by schrockertherocker View Post
                I pulled the stock pickup and it had a hand written sticker JH-2 10.8 it calls for a j92c so not sure if it was like that from the factory or if the previous owner swaped it out .. it wasn't bad but threw a dimarzio super d in it and it really woke this thing up I also changed the volume pot with a CTS 10% true tolerance 500k I got from vision guitar on ebay ....great little tone upgrade ..
                I've got a JH-2 10.8 laying around that I took out of a mid '90s Kelly XLR. It was also noted in the catalog that those came with a J92.

I think we determined here a few years ago that no one has ever actually seen a J92 and figured that someone at Jackson made a mistake and wrote JH2 instead of J92 for any guitars that were noted to come with them. Or maybe there were actual J92s and they got mislabeled or changed somehow?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, you scored really well on this, congrats.

I agree with the Super D in basswood, sounds fantastic.

Comment

The previous owner put a Floyd rose type of string tree on the headstock????? Weird

Comment

Those were the last of the really high quality Japanese Charvel/Jacksons. 92 or 93 was the last year they used the Schaller JT590 Floyd.

Comment

Bitchin' guitar with a very classy color.

Comment

I love ones from that era!

Comment

Originally posted by schrockertherocker View Post
                            Ive seen these charvel branded bridges on a few other dinky xls from photos on the Internet from 92/93
                            +1...I've owned a few FWIW.
                            "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Im gonna toss a big brass block on it soon , has anyone tried this mod , and what block did you use 37m or 42 mm

Comment

Working...
                              X