Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slsmg goodness

Hey guy's,what's up
    Scored this guitar a couple of months ago,and really digging it,big improvement over my dkmgt,action is pretty low and I dropped in a set of black chrome blackouts and wow,getting some good thrash tones out of my 5150 and mahogany body.
    Definitely happy with this baby!!!
    Can I not post photos?

Nice looking guitars. I've never played one, but they look super comfortable/balanced.

First two digits of the serial is the year: 10xxxx=2010
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the response mudlark,can't figure out pics,anyway we all know what a slsmg looks like,more importantly im looking to upgrade the tuners,tom,and nut on this guitar and I have a couple of questions maybe someone could help me out with,by the way serial begins 05.
      I believe a tonepros t3bt-b is a direct replacement for the tom?
      Best nut material?bone,brass ect... have no idea on this one.
      Thanks
      Have not strapped it up yet,but very lightweight.
      Last edited by Joseywails; 12-03-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I expect the bottom of your bridge should have markings to identify it, but the model you mentioned does sound about right.

I've got a TOM/string thru bridge on my SL2HT and DKMGT and I replaced both nuts with bone. Had them professionally cut/installed and the action is feather light on both. A bone nut with some pencil lead in the string slots for lube and your Jackson tuners may be all you need. The Korean made Jackson tuners on my Japanese Dinky work just as well as the Japanese made Jackson Gotoh's on my USA Soloist.

That'd be a 2005 model.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Agreed... a well-cut, well-made nut plays a more significant role in tuning stability than tuners do.

Comment

Pics need to be loaded on a photo sharing site such as photobucket, tinypc etc. and then copy the links here.

Comment

Guess I will start with a bone nut then,one thing though,I think my dkmgt stays in tune better than the slsmg but not a big deal,look into that down the road.
              Appreciate the info
              Have photobucket can't figure it out yet,tech challenged HA
              Last edited by Joseywails; 12-05-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Finally,a tech break through!!!!!!!!!
                Last edited by Joseywails; 12-06-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I know the feeling. I was a member for over a year before I got the posting pics thing down.

Sharp looking guitars...the ebony board/binding really sets those off in my opinion.
                  I'd loose the knobs, but it ain't my guitar.

Comment

Hehe,I feel you,gives it a blasphemous ibby look don't it?I won it off dbay and it had no knobs,had these lying around off my 7620,they will do for now.I added a tc mojo od to the o'l 5150 yesterday,don't like it much on the green but on the red it really warms up the tone,reminds me of a passive pup.hmmm,interesting pedal.

Comment

While I have not been very impressed by much of anything "import" from Jackson over the past 10 years or so, those SLSMG's are the exception. I had a trans-black one that was really excellent. Not sure why I even sold it. I think I sold it to someone on the JCF.

Comment

Working...
                      X