No announcement yet.

Opinion on the Jackson SLXT X Series Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misunderstanding of those 96, 97 and 98xxxxx serials is so common that I've come to expect it.
    It's an honest mistake almost every time.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I didn't realize that was such a common error dating the years. Thank you all for this information. I have been scouring several different websites 1 to 2 times a day trying to find good deals. Sad thing is in my area it's scarce finding good guitars at a good price. Once in a while you can find an outstanding deal on a guitar but 9 times out of ten it's one I'm not interested in. I need to look for these sites that alert you on top of me scavenging around for deals. I will try and be patient when I get my money. I'm just really ready for my first shredder lol. Love my fender but that 7.25" radius is hard for me to play fast on. I played one jackson at guitar center one time is all it took for me to fall in love. It was a flying v
      I personally don't care for a flying v, but the neck just felt amazing. That and I hear so much about jacksons I just want one. Waiting for my money and trying to find a good deal feels like it's slowly killing me lol. And than you for the websites, I need to check those out.

Comment

Possibly around half the owners of a 96, 97, or 98xxxxx serial mistakenly think those numbers reveal the year. The truth is only a small number of '96-'98 models used that date coded format. By far the majority of those numbers use a sequential format dating from circa '96 to 2011. They began at 9600000 and ended around 985xxxx when Japanese production stopped.

All of the NOTP's suggestions are echoed by me. Those '90s 'Professional' logo'd models are universally known as being well made.

Same goes for the Charvels from that 'mid-'80s-early '90's era. Very solidly built guitars by practically all accounts, and people still gobble them up 30 years later.

The modern era Charvels of the 2000's would be my choice for a newer Strat shaped model without a doubt. I've never played one nor do I know anything about them, but I trust the opinions of the many happy owners I've encountered.

At the end of the day you'll need to decide which feels good. You may grab one of these aforementioned models and not have a great experience for one reason or another. Then, the next one may feel great.

Or, you may get one that only requires a proper setup to be an amazing guitar. Too many variables to list.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I believe I asked this already Mudlark forgive me I have a bad memory but this posting at guitar center http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...r-112651747.gc

The serial number is as follows
          NHJ1010835

Comment

Crap that's an India jackson isn't it

Comment

Yep, Indian JS32RT.

Comment

Guitar center labeled that completely wrong. Back to square one. I got to looking more on that one from reverb athere was a chip on the headstock that turned me down for how much he wants for it. I looked on the deals on this forum and most of the stuff is from canada. You guys know any good sites for the United states for used jacksons?

Comment

I listed the USA sites in that thread I linked in my previous reply above. America has 10x the population as Canada. There should, theoretically, be 10x the abundance of deals. Go look. You may need to watch the sites for weeks or months, but you should prepare to pounce when you see a hot deal. Know what you want, know the general price ranges for average/good/great/hot deals, and be courteous/patient/flexible. It's all a game to me.

I sometimes go through periods where I don't see anything worthwhile for weeks or months, and then suddenly two or three great bargains appear in short succession. Always be ready. It's been about six weeks since I bought anything though, because I have enough gear now that I can afford to be even more selective and wait for the REALLY smoking hot deals. I also restrict my own personal pursuits to within an hour or two driving distance, though I wouldn't hesitate buying from Reverb.com or eBay.com if the overall price was great.

The deals I share in abundance in the E-fraid of E-Bay forum are Canadian because I'm Canadian and posting everything I find in my country that fits the pricing criteria I outlined in my previous reply above. It serves as a demonstration that deals are out there for Jackson/Charvel guitars if you are willing to hunt (no one is going to do it for you). It doesn't really matter that they're Canadian deals. If I expanded my search to America, I imagine I would be sharing deals all day and get nothing else done with my life.

I would trade places geographically with you in an instant. The USA should be a goldmine of deals. I'd be poor if I lived in the USA and bought every hot deal I found.

To bring this discussion back towards the X Series Soloist, in summer 2016 I found a locally listed, single-owner-owned, mint condition 2016 SL3X (http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/150...n-SL3X-Soloist) and paid CAD$275 (USD$213) for it. It was pretty great, other than the high E string being a bit too close to the edge of the fretboard for my liking. I resold it for 2x what I originally paid for it and it's still a good deal at that price. The buying and selling of that guitar was a great experience in my short wheeling-and-dealing hobby.
                  Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-13-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Wow I'm just now seeing some of the past messages I didn't see prior my apologies guys. Thank you all for the info guys. You guys are awesome. I'm glad you guys are messaging with me. I'll keep updating on finds and your guys thoughts, and may need some help identifying. Over half the jacksons I've seen have been post improper.

Comment

Sometimes mislabeled guitars are great. The seller might think his guitar is a low-end model and list it with a low price, but if you know your gear and recognize the listing to be a higher-end model, you can come out way ahead.

Sometimes sellers doesn't know the true value of what they have, because they might not be gearheads nor musicians. As an example, it might be a family member selling on behalf of a musician who moved away and they want to get rid of the guitar, but they know nothing about it and list it at a cheap price. If you're keen-eyed and know your gear, and recognize it as a higher-end model, you score.

Comment

See that's how I came across my 60s re-issue road worn fender with fender custom shop 57/62 pickups. Traded an 80s charvel that had no serial number and a blank neckplate that I paid 275 bucks and also got an old marshall lead 12 3005. I traded the charvel straight up with the fender. I told the guy I had no idea what model or anything about it other than it was from the 80s. He wanted that charvek bad and I wanted that fender. Once I had the guitar pro set up and looked over I found out I made out pretty well. Kinda feel bad for the other guy now. But I told him I knew nothing of the charvel. Who knows maybe he made out.

Comment

I have no comment on the two DK2s you shared above other than I think you can do better price-wise. But, in the end, buy whatever makes you happy.

What is your city? I can do a quick Craigslist diagnosis/scan for you to get you starting to think like a bargain hunter.

Comment

I'm from lima oh. I've searched most surrounding areas and there is only one I have found fpr a good price and I'll post it, either you or Mudlark posted it as well. There is basically nothing in my town.

Comment

Working...
                            X