No announcement yet.

Opinion on the Jackson SLXT X Series Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized I'm commenting with you on the UG forum, too.
    I just saw a Japanese DK2 in Southern Illinois for $200 and Japanese DKMG in the same area for $100...though, both have a Floyd. Craigslist is where it's at. Be patient.

Branch out a little, you might find a gem. Unfortunately, Floyd'd Jacksons probably outnumber non-Floyd'd.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      You can find pre-2012 Japanese DK2's all day on most craigslists in the $300 ballpark.
      The 2012-present Mexican DK2's haven't gotten that cheap yet. I personally wouldn't pay over $450 with a case and ebony fret board.
      haha are you? Now I've found a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH-HT and asked guy if he would take 550 for it he said yes. Once again he's like 3 hours away and don't wanna make a trip all the way out there to realize it's crap. I doubt it would be but not sure.

Comment

I'm thinking now that I want a bolt on neck vs a neckthrough. I have a dog and little girl and another girl on the way. Things happen and if I would happen to damage the neck or the little ones running around I would think a neckthrough would be trash as with a bolt on could just replace the neck.

Comment

I realized I for sure want a hardtail though.

Comment

Congrats on the incoming bundle of joy!

Buy a case and use it. None of my guitars are out in the open because I don't want any accidents. Also minimizes the effects of climate and humidity on your guitars.

Comment

Bolt ons are cool. You may find down the road you enjoy swapping necks for a different look.

It's true, a mangled bolt neck can be replaced, but a seriously mangled neck thru may result in you guitar being reduced to a box of hardware in your closet.

A DK2T or DKMGT are two that come to mind, though the DK2T is pretty rare by import standards. Lots of Japanese models to choose from without a tremolo, though. I don't own trems myself.

Hey, Stedke, crazy day on the UG, eh? Got 4 messages from people thanking me for letting them have it. One guy said my 'Asshole...' thread was his single greatest UG moment. Glad to have left an impression in my short stay. With a username like chaosinsues5 I guess it was inevitable. And, yes, I know it's spelled wrong ffs...

I'll admit to being thin skinned, but after a month I could tell that place was a riot waiting to happen...good riddance. It's just another forum filled with inaccurate Jackson info now.
              Last edited by Mudlark; 02-10-2017, 06:28 PM.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Bolt ons are cool. You may find down the road you enjoy swapping necks for a different look.

It's true, a mangled bolt neck can be replaced, but a seriously mangled neck thru may result in you guitar being reduced to a box of hardware in your closet.

A DK2T or DKMGT are two that come to mind, though the DK2T is pretty rare by import standards. Lots of Japanese models to choose from without a tremolo, though. I don't own trems myself.

Hey, Stedke, crazy day on the UG, eh? Got 4 messages from people thanking me for letting them have it. One guy said my 'Asshole...' thread was his single greatest UG moment. Glad to have left an impression in my short stay. With a username like chaosinsues5 I guess it was inevitable. And, yes, I know it's spelled wrong ffs...

I'll admit to being thin skinned, but after a month I could tell that place was a riot waiting to happen...good riddance. It's just another forum filled with inaccurate Jackson info now.
                I'm liking those jacksons!! I need to keep an eye out for those!! Just wish more jacksons were for sale in my area :/ Yeah ugf can be full of drama at times. Lot of people think that what they think needs to be worshipped and everyone else's opinion is wrong. I wish I could have sa your last thread lol.

Comment

Thank you!! And even with a case I'm still weary of a neckthrough. I'll have to get back into the practice of babying the guitar. My workhorse right now is a 60s re issue fender road worn strat with fender custom shop 57/62 pickups, upgraded steel trem block and brass saddle.

Comment

This look like a good deal Mudlark?

Comment

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jackson/DK2T-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWMWXGP&gclid=CMXdxYybh 9ICFQK1wAodYUsPGw&kwid=productads-adid^66736785762-device^m-plaid^175803433482-sku^112138867@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

Comment

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jackson/DKMGT-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-112651747.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWMWXGP&gclid=CPa07u Kbh9ICFRmewAodV1EGCQ&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^m-plaid^143118044682-sku^112651747@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

Comment

Top one is a link to a dk2t and second is the dkmgt

Comment

Top one is a link to a dk2t and second is the dkmgt. I'm really liking that they are constructed from alder. Since my budget is 550 I could snag one of these and buy some active emgs for it.

Comment

Of those I'd pick the DK2T, though I don't know the condition of any of the guitars shown. The trans black, reverse headstock is an Indian JS32RT. Remember, DKMGT's are arch top, piranha inlays.
                              As for the gold DKMGT, it has active EMG's that were added by an owner. Those 3 knob DKMGT's (2002-5) came with passive EMGhz's and a boost feature (third knob).

The 2006-11 DKMGT's came with active EMG 81/85's, 2 knobs and no boost. I'd go for the 2 knob model myself, but that's your choice.

I have a 2011 DKMGT and it keeps up with my USA Soloist. I did replace a poorly cut plastic nut with bone and give it a proper setup, though. That's my experience with that model.

Comment

Working...
                              X