Opinion on the Jackson SLXT X Series Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    It's just another forum filled with inaccurate Jackson info now.
    That's how I feel about many of the non-JCF-related groups on Facebook. Lots of erroneous information shared all around from people who are more proud to be the first responders than to provide quality/accurate information.

Comment

Wow, you really know your stuff man. Thank you for sharing all your experience with me. I'm keeping my eye out for the 2006-11 Dkmgt. I'm not opposed to the DK2T either. Looking at those 2 models and then the newer guitars I could afford for $550 or so, and there are huge quality differences. For one the 2 you are telling me about arw made of alder. Don't think I could find that in a newer jackson for $550. I could be wrong though. There may be something out there.

Comment

I'm noticing the 2012-present Mexican Dinky pro series are beginning to show up used in the $500 ballpark. The hard tail models have a solid bridge that looks to be much more comfortable under the hand than the TOM string thrus. They also have ebony boards on the 2015-present as an option, as well as rosewood and maple.

Check out the 2012-17 catalogues for the DK2 series. I'll post a link to an old thread with a poor pic of my Jacksons, too.

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Yes, NOTP, poor info isn't uncommon in the world of Jacksons. People are so gleeful to share it, too. As you said, being the first to say something is definitely one common scenario.

There's that saying 'wise men speak because they have something to say-fools speak because they have to say something'

A saying as old as the hills perfectly sums up modern day online activities.
        Last edited by Mudlark; 02-11-2017, 02:52 PM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I just realized today that the sunburst coloured guitar you posted on the UG wasn't a mutt, it was indeed a 2002-5 DKMGT. I've just noticed the trans top models don't have recessed knobs like the solid colours. This is my initial observation, anyway.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'll have to check those out for sure! And you guys are right. Some people just have to be heard and think they know everything. And the pro series dinky, I'll have to start searching for those. Don't get me wrong I love my fender but it's by no means a shredding guitar with a 7.25" radius lol. Got a new toy in the mail!! My usb audio interface came whooo. I've been playing around with amplitube 4 and am loving this set up. You guys ever mess with vst?

Comment

So would that be a pretty good deal?

Comment

Think this may be the one!! Now as long as it's still there after I get my tax refund.

Comment

There's this one too. Hmm which would you think is better Mudlark?

Comment

Save money on Used Jackson gear at Guitar Center. All pre-owned items are rated and scored. Buy online or at your local store today!

Comment

The red DK2 should be a fine guitar, but I've never played it obviously. Should be a good return policy if something doesn't work out.

The second guitar looks like the same JS32RT you posted earlier.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with computer related musical gear.

Comment

The red one has sold but there is another black one fpr 375 bucks I think. I'll post the link to make sure it's the real deal. You know your jacksons lol. And the amplitube 4 opened a whole new world to me. With all the effects and everything. It's insane.

Comment

That's a decent deal, I'd try to beat them down if I thought it would work.

It's no '97, though. Those numbers aren't date coded, they ran in sequence. 2006 should be the year....9800000 began circa 2007.

Comment

Hmmm, don't like the fact he has it labeled incorrect. Could be lying about the condition and everything. Would you be able to keep your eyes peeled for me for a good jackson. Max I'm able to spend is 550 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedke View Post
                              Hmmm, don't like the fact he has it labeled incorrect. Could be lying about the condition and everything.
                              The seller might simply be misinformed about how Jackson's Japanese serial numbering system works. This is a common and innocent mistake I've seen on JCF lately, especially since I notice Mudlark helping people who mistake 97 serial numbers as 1997 manufacture dates. Please don't lynch the seller for this one oversight.

Would you be able to keep your eyes peeled for me for a good jackson.
                              See this thread (http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/151...tars?p=1658829) for more bargain hunting websites and tips. You should be able to set up e-mail or mobile alerts on at least some of these websites that will do the searching for you. Unless you're an avid bargain hunter like me who manually monitors these gear websites several times a day. Also note the subforum where we share deals: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/16-E-fraid-of-E-bay

Max I'm able to spend is 550 bucks.
                              USD$550 is a wide berth. Even CAD$550 gives you plenty of options. I'll list a bunch below.

You should be able to find many Japanese Jacksons from the 2000s decade for well under those prices. These are very common in my area of Canada are from the same family tree as the DK2T you posted above.

Consider the Japanese Jacksons with "Professional" on the headstock from the 1990s (http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995). Many of them are affordable within your USD$550, except perhaps the top-of-the-line Professional Pro guitars (like the Soloist Pro, Rhoads Pro, etc.).

Also consider Charvel Model Series guitars (http://www.charvelusa.com/charvel_model_series.html) from 1986-1989 or the Charvel "Toothpaste Logo" guitars (http://charvelusa.com/charvel_models...1990_1991.html) from 1990-1991, many of which can be found for USD$550 or under.

Finally, consider the Charvel Pro Mod Series (2008-onwards); USD$550 can possibly get you an American one (proof I've shared in the E-fraid of E-bay subforum) and easily get you a Japanese or Mexican one.

The more patience you exercise, the better the deals when you decide to pounce.
                              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-13-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X