Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Deal Alert - Jackson Dinky JS34Q-M for $249.99

$100 off right now at Guitar Center, was $349.99, now $249.99:

Well, the thought of a killer looking guitar with a good trem and pickups at a great deal got to me. Not much going on today and my local Guitar Center is just 2 miles away so I ran down there to look at these JS34Q-M's. I thought heading down there that if they had a really good one, with a great top and the quality of that JS32 King V I got recently, I'd pick it up. They didn't even have them marked down yet, still said $349.99 on the price tag. I'm sure they would honor their own sale mailout though. They had 2 hanging on the wall, 1 used for $240 and 1 new for $350(before sale). The new one hanging on the wall had a weak top, a few finish flaws and a few slightly sharp fret ends. The used one was kind of beat up but had a better top but also had a lot of sharp fret ends. I walked out empty handed. If they had several more in the back that I could go over, I'll bet I could find a good one out of the bunch but I just didn't have that big of a hard-on to buy one.

Comment

That sucks.
      I was hoping for another positive review of the JS.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        That sucks.
        I was hoping for another positive review of the JS.
        I'm sure there's some good ones out there. You just need to really check these out in person and try to find a good one. I am now realizing how lucky I got with that JS32 King V. Just got lucky with an online sale and got a good one. I think on these guitars, I would now only buy one if I could check it out first.

I would really have liked to have the Guitar Center employees go pull out several more out of inventory in the back but just didn't want to be "that guy" that fucked around for an hour with their shit and didn't buy anything. I know how much "time wasters" piss me off with my business.

Comment

It's no surprise really. It's pretty much a gimme with most entry level guitars you may have to go through a few to find the one that requires little to nothing.

I just love good reviews on the JS by owners that also know what a high end guitar feel like. I hate to see the little buggers be unfairly condemned on price alone.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I haven't posted here in ages but I had to chime in.

Went to my local guitar center today, they had two of these on the wall. One was ok, the second one I really liked. Nice low action, not super low, but the way I like it. No issues with it that I saw, no fret buzz playing around with it in the store. I have no comments on tuning stability, I did not really give it a super thorough workout, just enough to know it is a keeper.

I love the unfinished neck. No complaints at all at this price. But like others have said, try a few out.

Comment

Working...
            X