HELP!! Jackson Kelly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Jackson Kelly!!

Picked up a Jackson Kelly For 99 bucks yesterday, im trying to determine how old it is, what model ,and where it was made. It has one volume knob and a toggle switch. shark fin inlays but no binding on the neck. the bridge is black but says "lisenced by floyd rose". there are no marking on the back to indicate its origin, just a serial number of #99080583. Ive been told its A KE3 but ive yet to see a KE3 with black hardwear. Any help would be greatly appriciated! This is my first post

8 Digit Serials
    96-99 | JS (MII) or X (MII) first two digits denotes year (96=1996, 99=1999)

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      8 Digit Serials
      96-99 | JS (MII) or X (MII) first two digits denotes year (96=1996, 99=1999)
      so it is an X series?

Comment

KE3's from 2006-11 had black hardware, but this is an Indian serial...KE3's were Japanese.

Sounds like you have a 1999 JK-20 Musicians Friend exclusive. This thread says Indonesia, but that's incorrect. It's India, 1999.
        They'd be comparable to the X series.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the info! so 99 i at least got my $99 worth!

Comment

Yeah, never saw that connection.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by gps100proof View Post
              Ive been told its A KE3 but ive yet to see a KE3 with black hardwear.
              A search on Google Images for "jackson ke-3" reveals many examples with black hardware. https://www.google.com/search?newwin...uZofNJ1Ul8vsM:

I myself have owned two KE3s with black hardware, one from the mid-1990s and the other from 2009.

Comment

I love it here

Comment

Been playing that Kelley through a 80's mxl dynacomp, digging the tone! ThNks for all the help, you guys are awsome

Comment

Working...
                  X