Help identify my Jackson RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify my Jackson RR5

I recently bought a used Jackson RR5 and need help with the serial number. I've read a lot about serial numbers lately and researched, but can't seem to find an answer. My SN is 051855. There's no J in front of it. Number is after last fret. It's neck thru, gold hardware, Seymour Duncan pickups, string thru body, cream/ivory colored with pinstripes, no model name on truss cover. Loving this guitar! This is my first RR and it plays and sounds great. The guitar is in great shape. I bought it used off a guy with Jackson hard shell case for $375! Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by halo.sync; 03-16-2017, 08:23 AM.

silly question...
    What makes you think it is an RR5?

Comment

That would be a 2005 serial, made in Japan.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That's what i was told it was. Any ideas what it might be if not rr5?

Comment

No, sounds like a typical RR5.
          Google some RR5 Japan pics and I expect you'll see many identical to yours.

I use 'Japan' so it doesn't include the recent Indonesian RRT5's in the search...though, you'll probably get some anyways.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by halo.sync View Post
            That's what i was told it was. Any ideas what it might be if not rr5?
            Nothing. I only questioned because we often see people thinking they have models that they don't actually have. .

Comment

Working...
            X