X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J serial Jackson Rhoads Pro- sharks with rosewood

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jack...19.m1438.l2649

Oddball.

its not roaewood, just some grain in the ebony. Most likely highlighted by being extra dirty and having not been oiled in a while.

Comment

I could believe that's rosewood whatever it is.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
        its not roaewood, just some grain in the ebony. Most likely highlighted by being extra dirty and having not been oiled in a while.
        Maybe. I have a bunch of Pros though and some spent a lot of time in someone's closet..... super black non porous boards on all of em. Not even close to what's on that one.

Comment

here is a picture of an ebony fretboard from a Martin. you can see grain. not all ebony is super black and grain free. just depends on the cut and the selection at the factory.

Comment

I agree, looks like ebony.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That Martin board looks exactly like the rosewood I stained with India ink. Not saying it is, but it looks like it.
              It even shines like it.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Looks can be deceiving. however the Japanese factory had excellent quality control and I'm sure the correct wood was used for the model. If you want to go down the rabbit hole talking about ebony that looks like rosewood lets talk about the washburn EC29 and EC36. lol

Comment

1992 RR Pro did not have a rosewood option
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that doesn't even look like rosewood to me. looks like every ebony fretboard i've ever seen, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      1992 RR Pro did not have a rosewood option
                      Not to split hairs (well actually), the 92 RR Pro STD did but yeah, it had dots...I have one
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                        that doesn't even look like rosewood to me. looks like every ebony fretboard i've ever seen, lol
                        You should see my Pros from that era- if it's ebony it's of a completely different character than what's on those...and my USAs for that matter.

In any case- I'll buy that it's ebony based on the response- the pores are far from what I'm used to seeing on Pros.

Comment

Yeah, like I said... I ain't saying it's rosewood, but I could believe it was based on what I'm used to seeing on Jacksons.

Comment

We can also get into the discussion about the several varieties of wood that fall under the "ebony" category, including the more porous varieties which manufacturers stain black to appease the masses who expect a wood whose name is synonymous with "black".
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              We can also get into the discussion about the several varieties of wood that fall under the "ebony" category, including the more porous varieties which manufacturers stain black to appease the masses who expect a wood whose name is synonymous with "black".
                              Yep. Feel like for Jackson imports that's a post 2000 issue... maybe even a post 2010 issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X