Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Kelly information, and how much is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly information, and how much is it worth?

Hey lads and lassies!
    A couple of years ago i brought this jackson Kelly used, though i am yet to determine when it's from and which model it is. I'm pretty shure it's a Ke3.
    I've changed the stock duncan designed to emg's, and all the hardware was black. Is there anyone here who might have some information, or at least some tips on what model it is, and how much i would be able to sell it for? the serial number is j008315, and it's made in japan.

I have images of it here:

Thank you very much in advance!

Yes, it's an early KE3 from circa '96. Those serials aren't date coded, but they were used only shortly in the mid '90s.

Poplar body/maple top
    JT580LP tremolo
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Yes, it's an early KE3 from circa '96. Those serials aren't date coded, but they were used only shortly in the mid '90s.

Poplar body/maple top
      JT580LP tremolo
      That's very useful, thank you very much! Do you have any idea of much i should sell it for? I also have the hardcase, so that might add a little to the price :-)

Comment

It's a buyer's market right now. Last summer, I got my virtually-mint 2009 KE3 with OHSC for CAD$250 + tax and that was at a retail store.

It's even easier for buyers on classifieds websites like Craigslist (USA) and Kijiji (Canada); in particular, 2016 was a fruitful year for me in bolstering my collection thanks to many well-priced used guitars found on my local Kijiji. In Canada, CAD$300 for a used Japanese Jackson/Charvel is my personal threshold for a good buy, and they are not uncommon at this price.

If you're a seller, be ready to settle for less than you might hope, or hang on to your guitars until the market bounces back. Japanese Jacksons and Charvels currently represent great value for buyers because they are plentiful and solid instruments.

Comment

Depending where you live, $400 is probably top dollar. Of course, there's always a chance a motivated buyer with deep pockets may come along.

It's true, in USA/Canada you'd be lucky getting $300 or more simply because anyone watching sites such as Craigslist can find models from that series for less than $300 if you're patient.

The deals out there that you're competing against are sometimes unbelievable.
          I'd want $400, be prepared to sell for $350, but probably be offering it for $300 after a month or so of tire kickers, lowballers and trade offers.
          The market here is flooded with guitars.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X