Does a model like this exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a model like this exist?

I've been looking through reverb and ebay on and off again for a Rhoads that's MIJ, fixed bridge and hardtail. But I'm not sure if a model like this even exists?

How many frets?

Comment

Pref 24 but I'm not completely against 22.

Comment

rr3, jrr94, and a host of j-series stuff that probably isnt mij.

Comment

Thanks! All of the RRT-3 I've found have been neck throughs?

Comment

Yeah, thats the newer pro series stuff. Made in indonesia or something ilke that. Im talking the good old rr3 from late 90s into 2000s. Maybe they are harder to find these days. Were all the string through rr3s special runs, randy tributes, or were there some normal non trem rr3s. Heres one.

Last edited by Carbuff; 10-18-2017, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Ah I see! Thanks!

Comment

The one that instantly comes to my mind is the RR5, made in Japan in the 2000s. Neckthru, fixed bridge (tunomatic with strings thru the body, so unfortunately not a true "hardtail") and 22 frets.

The Kevin Bond signature Rhoads also has a tunomatic bridge and were made in Japan.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-18-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Actual MIJ RR hard tails with a Les Paul type stop tail piece are practically nonexistent to my knowledge...aside from some possible Japanese market models such as the 'Stars' logo'd guitars.

The only two I can think to add would be the PS3 Performer (Most were MIJ, but only the ones with a 9xxxxxx serial. The 1xxxxxx or 0xxxxxx serials were Korean) and, the Kevin Bond signature RR.

The MIJ RR3 had a tremolo, the RR3T had the TOM. I can't be sure off the top of my head, but I don't think the RR3T was ever a production model. So, the number of limited run RR3T's may be hard to find.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Actual MIJ RR hard tails with a Les Paul type stop tail piece are practically nonexistent to my knowledge...aside from some possible Japanese market models such as the 'Stars' logo'd guitars.
                    Well, a hardtail and a tune-o-matic (either string-thru or stop tail) are two totally different things and cannot exist on the same instrument.

This is a hard tail bridge.
                    IMG_0106.jpg
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

True. I just meant a non-tremolo.
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I used to own a JRR-94 Rhoads. This is the only picture I have of it.

Comment

I recently sold my RR24 prototype. it has professional on head stock. this has a kahler non trem bridge.

Comment

Working...
                          X