Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD cheap beater, what is it ?? lol

20 bucks.. 8 digit serial, starting with 00 so guessing its a 2000

HSS, definitely not the original floyd derivative, pretty much bottom of the line though with a reverse headstock. Would like to know what floyd originally came on it so I can replace this one with one that fits a little better. frets are nice, actually sounds ok, does need a little truss rod love.
    Attached Files
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Korean built parts.
    Looks like a PS-2 body, but the neck would have a regular headstock, not reverse.
    Wide dots on the neck make it Korean built as well. Not sure what it came off of though.
    Trem doesn't look to be original either.
    -Rick

Comment

the trem definitly isnt...I want to find out what originally came on it to find a replacement that fits the route
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Could be one of those dealer run models from 2000 that were Indian made. I'm pretty sure I've seen Indian models with wide dots, but I don't have the time to check right now.
        The trem was probably a JT500, so a Schaller should work, though I'm no tremolo authority.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have never seen a control cavity shaped like that which leads to a question is it a jackson body.

Comment

Yeah, it's a weird cavity, but the cover and screw hole pattern look correct...as well as the body.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Here are some other photos of the back of the body of the PS2, showing the odd control cavity shape.

Comment

Working...
              X