Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what´s the year of this Jackson Professional ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the guitar is fine other than the obvious control mods. Ive seen those blank no address plates before.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      I think the guitar is fine other than the obvious control mods. Ive seen those blank no address plates before.
      ...never a Professional plate had address...

Comment

I expect it's just a DX1 with added electronics and different pickups. The original Duncan Designed single coil is still in the middle position.

There's no connection between the XL and DX1 to my knowledge, and the DX1 never got upgraded pups as mentioned in the one link. They were made from '96 to '97 and only had Duncan Designed pickups.

The one Reverb ad is a 2006 DK2. The 7 digit serial, 97xxxxx, isn't date coded. They ran in sequence.

I can't find a pic of a solid coloured DX1, but it's not uncommon to see a trans top model with no lower horn bevel, and the same model in a solid colour with the bevel. The DK2 is an example of this...as seen in the Reverb ad showing the trans blue '97 DX1'. No bevel, but a solid coloured DK2 has the bevel.

I expect this is the case with the DX1's, but again, I can find no pics of a solid coloured DX1.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Whatever the guitar is i dont think you got ripped off depending how much the 11000 units of that currency is offcourse. But looking at those other prices on that website it cant be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
            Whatever the guitar is i dont think you got ripped off depending how much the 11000 units of that currency is offcourse. But looking at those other prices on that website it cant be too much.
            $11000 ( argentinos ) = u$s 600

Comment

Working...
            X